Random Argoments

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

psionik,

grow a skin. :)

Thanks for the movie.

Checked my level spotlight for something worth recycling?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Btw, psi, we are discussing an aspect of the story that is highly interesting for us. All that from a game we are extremely interested in. :)
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by psionik »

Diedel wrote:psionik,

grow a skin. :)

Thanks for the movie.

Checked my level spotlight for something worth recycling?
Very funny. Learn to take it if you're gonna dish it out :]

No I did not really do that yet because the main goal in using the older stuff was to keep some particular levels alive. I originally planned to use just two. Not that there aren't more that deserve preservation but I will leave that to the community. Keep in mind when you guys discuss that this is not Descent and some things are going to be just totally foreign to descent vets, however the similarity will be strong enough that it feels like home to a D player.

As far as the story - these are not metal alloys in the story, diedel. These are Geo Alloys (a word i made up that means essentially Element alloys) which are made out of cryo-lava and real lava bound together with a force I have not revealed to you.

The ship damage and energy powerups will come in three basic forms. First, the two individual components of the geoalloy: pure lava and pure cryolava. Then later on you will see the full blown alloy that gives you both shield and energy back.

Testi: As far as an afterburner I personally would like to see it without but with a little more of a boost to chording as more of a reward to the player for actually being able to chord. I think one of the main elements of D1 was the inability to just run away from any antagonist. That alone made it a far more intense experience than any of it's offspring. Yes, I know I just opened a horrible ugly can of worms. Thanks for bringing it up, Dave.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

psionik wrote:Very funny. Learn to take it if you're gonna dish it out :]
You think you can compare Mobi's posts to what I have experienced here for years - w/o ever reacting so massively vulgar?

No way.

You simply took his stuff personal and at face value. That would have never happened to me. Not with these posts, and the preface they have.

C'mon, it was a single post, or two.

I wrote a lot more stuff to you - that wasn't even worth replying?
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by psionik »

Diedel wrote:I wrote a lot more stuff to you - that wasn't even worth replying?
Not really because most of what you wrote is conjecture and most of the parts that aren't don't reference what I have posted here correctly anyway so there's really not much to reply to. I did reply to one of your questions at least.

As far as how I treat individuals who take it upon themselves to trash talk me and my efforts in front of my friends, that's my business. I do not flame everyone that posts a comment.I only posted one reply to a really BS post that pissed me off royally and I will do it again any time I please because I do not sit idly by while people endlessly dog my work in front of people I know face to face. Noone seems to realize why I treat this community like a real social community - because it IS. I know a large number of people that play descent by first name and face, I have shaken their hands and even eaten with them, and I care about them the same as I do every good friend. There is just no way to tell when someone from the D community might come walking in the front door of your house, even today - so you forum trolls might wanna rethink the decision to act out your social problems here. Or even better - get the hell out of our community.

Diedel wrote:You think you can compare Mobi's posts to what I have experienced here for years - w/o ever reacting so massively vulgar?
Guess what? You brought everything you got upon yourself with your attitude towards people who try to talk to you about your work. Do not compare yourself to me. At all.
I do not argue with people about the input they give me on this project, and I am not at odds with the entire community. You have every right to post here just like everyone else and continue slandering your own name but don't assume you have some kind of special right to tell me how to act. Vulgar posts deserve vulgar responses.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Listen dude, and listen very well.

D2X-XL is an absolutely personal effort. The people who use it can take it as an act of personal generosity that I offer it free of charge. There is hardly any other open source project where the maintainer or the team are as receptive and open for discussion as I am. I am proving it for years, with many user inspired changes to the software and with an excellent support, where bugs get fixed almost over night.

So what attitude do you want to talk about? My attitude towards people who want to talk about D2X-XL with me? Or rather the attitude of some people who took for granted what I was doing? Who treated me as if I was obliged to do it, as if they paid me for it and I had to do whatever I was told? About the attitude of those who ignored everything I had setup to support the D2X-XL users, because it was more convenient for them, displaying their utter disrespect for other people and their efforts? About the attitude of the people who insulted and flamed me when I was doing something with D2X-XL they didn't like, although I had offered them the chance to convince me otherwise in an open discussion I had initiated? About the attitude of the people who alternatingly attacked me for offering D2X-XL support via DBB.net, or not for offering it here? For being \"curt\" to people after having written two screen pages in a very polite manner about how to get D2X-XL support here already?

If I am telling you not to compare yourself to me, do you think recommending me not to compare myself to you makes much sense (other than for the sake of leashing back)?

So you think there is just any justification for your vulgar reaction? Aaaah, I see, you lost your face before your friends!

Actually you have a big attitude problem here. You cannot handle yourself at all, and you are putting the blame for your failure on others. You are defending your misbehaviour with claws and teeth instead of taking the chance to gracefully withdraw.

I recommended you to grow a skin. Well, I think you should rather start to grow up.

Btw, I give a flying crap if you accept my offers for help or not.

One friendly hint for a good ending: Next time you write something up for the public, present something that cannot be torn to pieces by an intelligent mind. Mobi's analysis may have been scathing, but there was more than just a grain of truth in it.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

HAHA!!!!!!
Thats great!!! Diedel telling someone they have an attitude problem.

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Jer, quit bantering and get back to work bro! ;)

BTW, whens the next time you'll be down this way? the mrs and I would like to have y'all over for some BBQ.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I think that not me, but quite a few people here have an attitude problem. They are neither honest nor fair nor well behaved, nor can they cope with intelligent argumentation.

Usually I can at least point out to those who adverse me where they are wrong. And usually that upsets them just the more. If I think back at all the complete crap that has been brought up against me here, I can only shake my head in bewilderment.

As you simply want to provoke me, asking you to back up what you are saying probably is a waste of time.
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

Two things, this is not the thread to be debating your contributions or actions in the community. Go create your own thread, this thread is for people like myself that have a serious interest in Core Decision.

Second thing, everyone here knows Mobius is the board jack@$$.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Hattrick »

Diedel wrote:I think that not me, but quite a few people here have an attitude problem. They are neither honest nor fair nor well behaved, nor can they cope with intelligent argumentation.

Usually I can at least point out to those who adverse me where they are wrong. And usually that upsets them just the more. If I think back at all the complete crap that has been brought up against me here, I can only shake my head in bewilderment.

As you simply want to provoke me, asking you to back up what you are saying probably is a waste of time.
No, I'm not provoking you. If I was you wouldnt have to guess at it, you'd know right off. I don't dance around a subject.

Also, I submit the fact you were removed as moderator from the D2XL forum because of your attitude problem to back up my statement.

Have a pleasant evening!
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Viper7 wrote:Two things, this is not the thread to be debating your contributions or actions in the community. Go create your own thread, this thread is for people like myself that have a serious interest in Core Decision.
Actually, he did. And it got deleted because he couldn't do it without flaming all the mods and admins in the first post alone.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

\"If you have a problem with one person, it is probably their fault. But if you have a problem with many people, it is probably your fault.\"

-----------------------------------------------------

Just got around to checking out that video, even without the texturing the level looks pretty slick, I like it. Now if only there were some explosions and stuff too... ;)
Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »

Diedel...

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Diedel,

you of all people should know how to be careful with your words around someone who's working hard and putting a lot of emotional investment into a project for this community. You know you don't like it when people complain or have a bad attitude about D2X-XL... so why do you complain and have a bad attitude about Core Decision? You need to learn when to quit.

psionik,

I know you want to respond to vulgar posts with vulgar posts. Please don't. Just ignore them.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I recommend a lock before this gets any further out of hand.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

psionik: :D
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Lothar wrote:Diedel,

you of all people should know how to be careful with your words around someone who's working hard and putting a lot of emotional investment into a project for this community. You know you don't like it when people complain or have a bad attitude about D2X-XL... so why do you complain and have a bad attitude about Core Decision? You need to learn when to quit.
I neither have a bad attitude about Core Decision, nor did I say bad words about what they do. Rather the opposite.

I can only wonder how you dreamed this up.

If I wasn't used to it so much here already, these false accusations and attempts to shed a bad light on me would upset me.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Perhaps a split is in order here before this thread degenerates any further?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

splited
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

If this is a personal argUment between two people, shouldn't it be in a PM? :roll:
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Isn't \"argument\" spelled with a 'u'?

Anyway, happy flaming.

post_count++;
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

This is a personal argument on a public forum? Please spare us. :roll:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Hey Mobius, you've got competition! :lol:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Aint this just rad?
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

well, this thread looked like it needed another post ... :shock:
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

dissent wrote:well, this thread looked like it needed another post ... :shock:
Take 2, they're small. :lol:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Why don't you just say \"IBTL\" and get it over with? :P
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

MD-2389 wrote:Hey Mobius, you've got competition! :lol:
You cannot beat Mobius. :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Diedel wrote:
You just need more cowbell. (and I suggest you save that since NBC has gone spastic over SNL clips being on youtube)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

MD-2389 wrote:
Diedel wrote:
You just need more cowbell. (and I suggest you save that since NBC has gone spastic over SNL clips being on youtube)
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal
Fsking bullcrap.