What should be done...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

What should be done...

Post by Nightshade »

This is something that should be done to all centers of islamic jihadist indoctrination:

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Commandos cleared the warren-like Red Mosque complex of rebel fighters Wednesday, ending a fierce eight-day siege and street battles that left more than 80 dead, and the government warned it would not tolerate militancy in any of Pakistan’s thousands of religious schools.

Maj. Gen. Waheed Arshad said the compound was still being combed for mines, booby traps and other weaponry. “The first phase of the operation is over. There are no more militants left inside,” Arshad said in a telephone interview.

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz told reporters that no bodies of women and children had been found inside the sprawling complex and said the probability such bodies would be found during the “mopping up” operation was low. “The major group of women was all together and came out all together,” he said, referring to 27 women and three children who emerged from the mosque Tuesday. ...

More than 50 militants and 10 soldiers were killed and 33 wounded in the final, 35-hour assault by the elite Special Services Group which began early Tuesday, the army said. The dead including the mosque’s pro-Taliban cleric Abdul Rashid Ghazi.

The commandos went in after unsuccessful attempts to get the mosque’s militants to surrender to a weeklong siege mounted by the government following deadly street clashes with armed supporters of the mosque on July 3.

The extremists had been using the mosque as a base to send out radicalized students to enforce their version of Islamic morality, including abducting alleged prostitutes and trying to “re-educate” them at the compound in the heart of Pakistan’s capital.

May those \"holy men\" rot in hell.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

what should be done is we drop tons of American media on that country and destroy their culture with our anarchist punk rock and fast food. <- Slowest but strongest weapon we have.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re: What should be done...

Post by Lothar »

ThunderBunny wrote:This is something that should be done to all centers of islamic jihadist indoctrination
That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

In this particular case, the mosque was being used as a base of operations for what amounted to a religious gang. They'd go out and "enforce" their religious ideals through beatings and such. It makes sense the police and/or army should get involved and shut it down.

But if they're just teaching nutjobbery, there's no need to get all violent on their shiznit.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Why not? Violence is their version of Apple Pie
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Testiculese wrote:Why not? Violence is their version of Apple Pie
Because conservatives Christians are often accused of teaching nutjoberry, and I don't want the government deciding that it's job involves killing people who teach nutjobbery, since that list might include me.

Lothar is dead on, when you have proof of violence, ACT. But being an idiot is not illegal.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Kilarin wrote:..But being an idiot is not illegal.
I dunno.. I've seen some pretty good example in my time that give it just cause. ;)
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

I saw that article on I believe the BBC site. The interesting thing is the claim that no women or children were killed even though there were 19 bodies charred beyond recognition and if you read a little father the wife of the leader was one of the dead. Wasn't she a woman? Typical government spin writing.
At least Pakistan acted against this particular madras but Pakistan is still the leading source of radicalised Muslim extremists and home to most of the training camps for suicide bombers in the mid-east. Keep your enemies close, keep your friends closer.
Clothes may make the man
But all a girl needs is a tan

-The Producers
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I thought the quote was \"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer\" 8)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Hey, I got a better idea. Remove all the extremists. including you.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

If we go blowing up people for being 'nutjobbery' how can we claim we are better than them? Answer is, we won't be.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah but if we succeed, the victor is always correct and gets to write the history books so in 200 years nobody would be any the wiser. :P :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I say open Christian schools next door to the muslum extremist schools and teach the christian children to hate muslums :wink:
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by DCrazy »

woodchip wrote:I say open Christian schools next door to the muslum extremist schools and teach the christian children to hate muslums :wink:
I don't think Pakistan is that interested in adopting American culture.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Hope not, for their sake.
Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »

Get rid of religion.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Well, that would solve EVERYONE's problems!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Sniper wrote:Get rid of religion.
been tried recently...twice.

Call it Soviet Union and China.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

That was the least of their problems tho'. I think corruption, murder and absolute authority was the problem there. Wow, kinda like this place is becoming.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

If religion didn't exist, humans would find something else to fight and kill over. We're still quite the animals.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Sniper wrote:Get rid of religion.
Nah...

Get rid of people. As in, all people! Now that's how you solve the problem!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

TIGERassault wrote:Get rid of people. As in, all people! Now that's how you solve the problem!
Curing the disease by killing the patient? Granted that is about the only thing we know that is guaranteed to work. :P
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

ok, how about lobotomies all around, then the last surgeon has to agree to commit suicide ...
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

The surgeon would then just step into a closet, fire the gun into the ground, come out, and tell everyone he rose from the dead. Thus declaring himself a God to the half-brained people, and the process would start all over again.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Haha. He woulnd't even need to go that far, as everyone would have forgotten to what he agreed.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Gooberman wrote:The surgeon would then just step into a closet, fire the gun into the ground, come out, and tell everyone he rose from the dead. Thus declaring himself a God to the half-brained people, and the process would start all over again.
Or just jump out of the closet and yell "BOO!".....and then they'll all think he's the new satan! :P