Wanted: Black Pyro Art

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wanted: Black Pyro Art

Post by HeXetic »

Over at the Into Cerberon mod for Doom 3, our newest team member, Mandinga, has undertaken the task of creating a second playable ship in the mod. In particular, he wants to re-model the \"Black Pyro\" that was featured in Descent 3: Mercenaries.

Unfortunately, starting points are a little limited. We're aware of the intro movie on YouTube, the box art (of which we haven't been able to find a good high-res scan), the in-game model, and then Kuman's fan re-creation on D3HELP.

Although we can't simply copy 'n' paste from anything, it's helpful to have reference points. Does anyone have any other resources for this sleek Pyro ship? e.g., 2D fan art, other fan re-models, concept art from the original game, high-res scans of the boxart, etc. Thanks in advance!
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I can take a picture of the box art when I get home tonight.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Here are 3 I took. I reduced them from 10.2MP to about 3MP.
The dark area near the wing is like that on the box.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

i still have
that file

but i can't edit it right now. It's only 2 solid boxes. Perfect for a game.
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

Thanks, both of these items have helped.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Isaac, you need to stop bein' lazy and muscle that up! And get a 5th job while your at it! j/k ;)

Nah, but seriously, muscle up those guns and wings. They look like your more likely to stab an enemy as apposed to shooting them. ;)

Also, that isn't perfect for in-game use. That's great for pre-rendered stuff but not for a game engine. Maybe if it was a multi-resolution model. You would have to completely rebuild it from scratch.

Muscle up the wings and I might try it for D3:U. Also you would need a lot more texture work (if I remember right, you just used materials didn't you?)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

[]V[]essenjah wrote:Isaac, you need to stop bein' lazy and muscle that up! And get a 5th job while your at it! j/k ;)

Nah, but seriously, muscle up those guns and wings. They look like your more likely to stab an enemy as apposed to shooting them. ;)

Also, that isn't perfect for in-game use. That's great for pre-rendered stuff but not for a game engine. Maybe if it was a multi-resolution model. You would have to completely rebuild it from scratch.

Muscle up the wings and I might try it for D3:U. Also you would need a lot more texture work (if I remember right, you just used materials didn't you?)
im gonna buy some new 3d software soon so, sure.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

heh, I still have Kuman's BP model. You can load it into Bryce 3D (which is free now) and manipulate it however you choose. Unfortunately, d3.com got cybersquatted so e-mail me or catch me on kali sometime in the afternoon hours and I'll hook you up.