Descent 4/IV Music Clips Discovered-DBB fans Check Out!

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 4/IV Music Clips Discovered-DBB fans Check Out!

Post by jshaner »

In my never ending quest for finding interesting things on the internet, i ran across some clips that are suppose to be from Descent 4. They come from the Descent 3 Sector web site, and appear to be genuine. They even have embedded picture files when played in WMP 11. I will provide the links for those who are interested.

http://sectorgame.com/d3/music.php -Music Site Link

http://sectorgame.com/d3/files/mp3/Desc ... loited.mp3 -Exploited by Dezacrator

http://sectorgame.com/d3/files/mp3/Desc ... ux_mp3.mp3 -Flux by Dezacrator

Even if they end up being fake, they are nice to listen to.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

These came from MP3.com a really long time ago... back when they offered, you know, MP3s.

I think they would have been really good, especially if the game took the musical approach Half-Life does where there are just pockets of music for high-energy moments, rather than a long, looping soundtrack.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

That's the way that D3's music works, and certainly would fit for the Descent SP style.
jshaner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by jshaner »

d3jake wrote:That's the way that D3's music works, and certainly would fit for the Descent SP style.
Hmmmm...I might use it in a mod i am planning.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Kyouryuu »

d3jake wrote:That's the way that D3's music works, and certainly would fit for the Descent SP style.
No, Descent 3 has a running soundtrack. The difference is that it is situational. It switches tracks based on level scripting. But there is always music.

Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are musically silent most of the time, but they use brief clips of music, anywhere from :30 to 2:00 or so, to punctuate certain moments. Like an eerie cue when you enter an abandoned building, or a battle theme for a really intense combat scenario. BioShock takes a similar approach, although it has a lot more ambient music coming from phonographs and radios.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

That's not to say you could not make regions that are silent, or near silent, in D3 if you wanted to, to achieve the same effect. Or, you could use DALLAS to play clips of music at the right moment.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Descent 4/IV Music Clips Discovered-DBB fans Check Out!

Post by BUBBALOU »

jshaner wrote:In my never ending quest for finding interesting things on the internet, i ran across some clips that are suppose to be from Descent 4.
Those were clips were from the Original Volition Website and Mp3.com some moons ago in 1998, when Red Faction actually was called Descent4... before the rights fight between interplay

This is the Excerpt off the Orginal files

I do not know if the Sector-games versions have this embedded in the files
Dezacrator Mp3.com alias wrote:Back in 1980 I was introduced to the electronic world of computing with a commodore 64. Amazed - I knew this was my future. As a very young musician, something told me I could harness this technology with my 2 passions. I wrote many commodore 64 SID songs, then later Amiga MOD songs (demo groups, intros etc). Now age 28, I have acquired a home production studio built up over time selling my works. Some of my releases have included the Intel DVD logo commercial, the Descent - Freespace 2 trailer, and currently the RPG game "Summoner" for the playstation 2. The time has begun, a new era of music arrives.

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.