Dream specific question...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Dream specific question...

Post by Alter-Fox »

I often have wierd music I've never heard in my dreams, and I always forget it when I wake up... I just remember it was there. The only one I can remember is the one I accidentally composed (I only realized it was from a dream while I was listening to it after it was finished).

Is this normal? Someone else told me that they only had music in their dreams ONCE, and they had it \"stuck in their head\" when they woke up.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

I would recommend you seek professional help immediately! Hearing music in ones dreams is a precursor to all kinds of real world problems like...

Creativity
Getting a job in music
Posting these kinds of posts on BB's

Furthermore, not being able to remember the music afterwards can lead to people thinking...

You are crazy
You really didn't hear music in your dreams
You really did hear Mariah Carey songs in your dreams and didn't want to admit to it.

Perhaps you're not cut out for the whole dreaming thing.

Disclaimer:
Any statements made in this post are meant to bring levity. Any taking of such comments as non-sarcastic indicates further problems such as...
Failure to comprehend reality (too much dreaming)
Crankypants attitude (Sign of age)
Taking oneself too seriously (Bubbaho syndrome :) )
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

LOL!!!!!!!!!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

roflmao ...seriously. :lol:

awesome post Sheep!

and he's right fox! ;)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah i've heard of this before, an old friend used to dream original music. iirc it was terrible music lol.

someone else i knew a while was facinated by the concept of a collective-unconscious, in a form of a telepathic place that we could all meet in. He became convinced this place existed after he once dreamt of a poem - that he then later found the original author for. Somehow my friend had some kindof guarentee that there was NO WAY he could have been exposed to this poem in reality - i forget what that guarentee was, perhaps the original author had only initially recorded the poem onto paper AFTER my friend had dreamt it. But if they both dreamt the poem (and my friend didn't just simply steal it from the dreams of the author) then i wonder who really came up with the poem. Or if the peom was just THERE the whole time floating around in the collective unconscious for the first person to publish it.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Recently, my sister apparently had a dream that I'd been having for a long time (it involved my death) except it was from her point of view.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I rarely if ever remember my dreams. I might not even be dreaming.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I remember once the music in one dream was amazing, and I managed to remember it after I woke up. I was just about to get up and record it (my ear for music is so good I can play just about anything after hearing it once) when I fell asleep again! When I woke up I couldn't remember the music at all, only that it had been absolutely awesome.
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

Now was the music awesome only in the dream, or awesome as well in your conscious state Alter-Fox?

Anyway, dreams are meant to solve problems. This problem solving ability can be creative if you will it.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

It was awesome when I woke up, otherwise I wouldn't have tried so hard to remember it.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Oh, BTW - the music I \"accidentally composed\" is going to be in level 5 of my D3 SP mission, so you'll get to hear what music sounds like in my dreams.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

Alter-Fox wrote:Oh, BTW - the music I "accidentally composed" is going to be in level 5 of my D3 SP mission, so you'll get to hear what music sounds like in my dreams.
OK - your scaring me now. :oops:
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

It turns out I accidentally composed the awesome music from the aforementioned dream two days ago. I'm going to be using it in a D2X-XL level.