E&C..

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ban politics from the DBB

Poll ended at Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Yes, finally !
24%
No, you nuts ?
55%
Give a damn..
21%

Total votes: 29
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

E&C..

Post by Grendel »

..how about we ban politics until Nov. 4. ? I see enough propaganda all over the place in RL, really don't need it in a Descent BB.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

How could I possibly vote against free speech??? :P
Praetorian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Praetorian »

Is that suppose to be Don't Give a Damn? You would think if someone gave a damn it would be yes or no.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Solution: Don't read E&C.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I voted NO because banning is a republican thing.

Obama Girl
Praetorian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Praetorian »

Bet51987 wrote:I voted NO because banning is a republican thing.

Obama Girl
I am not a Republican and my family back to the depression are Democrats.

You don't want to go there. Banning is not a Republican only thing. These two in tens second search.

I Watched Democrats Ban Books

http://flyingdebris.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... books.html

Democrats Ban Gay Adoption

http://www.lcrga.com/news/200004201455.shtml
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Oh yea, not to mention a certain person named Gore. (the wife)
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: E&C..

Post by AlphaDoG »

Grendel wrote:..how about we ban politics until Nov. 4. ? I see enough propaganda all over the place in RL, really don't need it in a Descent BB.

I have to agree, lets BAN politics.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I voted No, 'cause I like to support bipartisan. Why let the Democrat have all the fun?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I vote no because its just downright unamerican to ban anyone from saying anything. People need to get some nads about them and quit pissing their pants when someone says something they disagree with.
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

This thread is a political discussion :P hah

The DBB is a private board and not subject to the restrictions that the U.S. government has. You can do whatever you want. Ban speech if you so please. People will find some way to vent in one of the other millions of political forums.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

you really do need to get out more :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Obama Girl
Yeah, it's the Republicans that are supporting the Fairness Doctrine :roll: Grow up.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I voted \"Yes\". Not because I want to censor political discussion; I don't, I'm a firm believer in free speech. It's because I'm just as tired as Grendel is of reading partisan babble that goes nowhere. (Oooh, and look! There's some in this thread already! :roll: )

By the way, for all you folks getting debate-y in here: this is a tongue-in-cheek poll, not a serious proposal.

-----------

P.S. A better idea, how about we ban political ads? This election has been insane. Every day my mailbox is crammed full of ads from both parties and interest groups, I can't watch a football game without being bombarded by commercials which are starting to sound like middle-school kids bickering, and even my email spam-box is getting all politically charged.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know about banning it. I think all the back and forth is kind of entertaining. There are two things that aren't normally talked about in polite company, religion and politics, both of which are discussed here quite a bit. We all like to snipe back and forth about this candidate or that candidate, maybe some good/bad thing a political party is doing, but isn't that the point of a discussion, to get ideas out in the ether? Sure it can get heated or excessive, but that's part of the fun. I don't take things personally here or hold any grudges and it's nice to read other people's points of view or opinions. It's good to know what others are thinking. It keeps us on our toes and allows us to blow off some steam. :)

I will agree with Foil however. I'm getting SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE POLITICAL ADS ON TV! They need to go away, fast! That's one reason I can't wait for the election to be over! :x
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Spidey wrote:Oh yea, not to mention a certain person named Gore. (the wife)
I am reminded of her every time I go to buy a CD
I forgot, are there restrictions to kids buying CDs with those stickers on them? :P

And is it me, or does the Fairness doctrine sound more like an idea than a law? "Doctrine" makes it sound like a company chose that as it's media form.

Yeah, don't really take this thread seriously. What do you guys think is going to happen after the election? Everyone will forget about whoever lost and just rag on the winner.
P.S. A better idea, how about we ban political ads? This election has been insane. Every day my mailbox is crammed full of ads from both parties and interest groups, I can't watch a football game without being bombarded by commercials which are starting to sound like middle-school kids bickering, and even my email spam-box is getting all politically charged.
Gawd, I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida, which is one of the battle zones for the election, and we get crap piled into our mail box from everyone. There are Obama signs everywhere, a few McCain, and even more signs against the Second Amendment on the ballot.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: E&C..

Post by Duper »

AlphaDoG wrote: I have to agree, lets BAN politics.
X2 !!!
:lol:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“By the way, for all you folks getting debate-y in here: this is a tongue-in-cheek poll, not a serious proposal.”

Good, because I don’t intend to stop.