Too bad chomsky wasn't visiting his hamas buddies...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Too bad chomsky wasn't visiting his hamas buddies...

Post by Nightshade »

Israel air strikes continue in S. Gaza after 225 killed in earlier raids of Hamas sites

DEBKAfile Special Report
December 27, 2008, 11:01 PM (GMT+02:00)

Israeli air force hits back at Hamas in Gaza

Israeli bombers hit Hamas' film center in southern Gaza Saturday night, Dec. 27, after massive air raids destroyed Hamas compounds across the enclave leaving 225 killed, 330 injured and thousands of shock victims. The operation followed a week in which Hamas fired 200 missiles at Israeli civilian targets.

The Israeli Air Force planes struck Hamas security headquarters in Gaza City and compounds, police stations and ports. Several Hamas commanders were killed in the bombardment of a Hamas military passing-out ceremony. Among them was Hamas police chief Tawfiq Jabber.

The Israeli military spokesman said the Gaza operation is \"just beginning\" and would be expanded and intensified as necessary.

Hamas and other Palestinian factions ordered its \"fighters to avenge Israeli attacks.\" A Israeli was killed in Netivot in its first reprisal.

Egypt has condemned Israel for its military attack, but held Hamas responsible for refusing to heed warnings and failing to protect the Palestinian people. It has mobilized its rescue and medical services in Sinai, including hospitals for aid to casualties for the Israeli air bombardment of Gaza. Egyptian ambulances stood by at the Rafah crossing to transport wounded Hamas operatives.

The Israeli air attack launching some 40 missiles began 11.30 a.m. local time Saturday, eight days after Hamas terminated the informal Gaza ceasefire by showering missiles and mortar rounds on 250,000 Israeli civilians day after day.

Last week, the Israeli cabinet gave the Israeli military the green light for reprisals as Palestinian missile attacks escalated, 13 mortar rounds fired Friday, when Israel allowed 90 trucks of food and medicines to cross into the Gaza Strip.

Since Israel evacuated the Gaza Strip in 2005, the Palestinians have fired 5,000 missiles.

http://www.debka.com/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Too bad chomsky wasn't visiting his hamas buddies...

Post by Will Robinson »

ThunderBunny wrote:....Since Israel evacuated the Gaza Strip in 2005, the Palestinians have fired 5,000 missiles .....
Wow! Good thing they pulled out of there to show they were willing to compromise otherwise....well...uh...hmmm....

Some rag tag bunch of islamofascists crashed three planes in America. Our response? We invaded two countries waging all out war that has lasted seven years and no end in sight, deeply impacted stability in the region causing just about the whole world to take a side and bear the burden and we call the Israeli's too reactionary! Lol!

Send notice to the countries pulling the Palestinians strings that they have 48 hours to pull their Hamas and Hezbollah head out of their ass or else every rocket and every car bomb and every suicide bomber will result in a 24 hour blitz....missiles, air strikes, etc. But not in Palestinian territory...in THEIR capitals and in THEIR neighborhoods!

Iran will become the new missile test range for NATO, Syria...same thing.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Dream on…if we had those kind of balls, we wouldn’t have these problems in the first place. (different ones perhaps)
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

Spidey wrote:Dream on…if we had those kind of balls, we wouldn’t have these problems in the first place. (different ones perhaps)
This country will never grow a set. We feel guilty about standing up for ourselves. We say nothing when they insult us, our president and our troops. Let alone kill and attack us. We have shown the world what little cowards we are.

Poor little terorists, we should'nt pick on them.
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaktazuki »

The easiest way to know when you're the aggressor in a war: you're not on your own land.
Duck: “So, what’s that horn for?”

Unicorn: “Oh, you know, to stab my foe. I know, that sounds pretty harsh and brutal, or whatever. And it grants wishes! It also just looks good on a unicorn, *rawr*.”
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

shaktazuki wrote:The easiest way to know when you're the aggressor in a war: you're not on your own land.
That may only apply to a war of conquest. What if your only lobbing crap over your border, into anothers land?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

shaktazuki wrote:The easiest way to know when you're the aggressor in a war: you're not on your own land.
The best way to lose a war:
When you are not the aggressor.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

I have no problem being agressive when my fellow countrymen will die if I do not.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

I wonder how the Hapsburg's felt about that prior to WW1
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Geopolitics is full of games where one nation tries to make the other nation look like the aggressor by baiting them into being the first to actually shoot, or the first to actually cross a border, or whatever. It's full of maneuvers and counter-maneuvers where both sides are the aggressors, both sides are trying to beat the other, and eventually somebody actually shoots and looks bad. It's also full of situations where one side is the true aggressor but the other side is the one that's seen as "invading". It's full of situations that the naive will misunderstand.

Don't count yourself among their numbers.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's the subtlety of the 'REASON' for a country's aggression toward another that might give war justification. Were they 'attacked first without provocation' or maybe just as simple as throwing a 'taunt', e.g. 'rocket' over the border like a bad neighbor who throws nasty things over the fence to get a reaction or fight from his neighbor? What should considered a justifiable reason to start a war with another nation?

Meanwhile, Israel FINALLY got an enemy military leader out of all those dropped bombs and civilians that have been killed in their little foray. Just noting....

http://www.latimes.com/news/printeditio ... 2375.story
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“What should considered a justifiable reason to start a war with another nation?”

When the deliberate actions of another nation…

1. Cause the loss of life
2. Begin the encroachment of land.
3. Destroy infrastructure or personal property.

Those are the ones I see as black & white, Others could be blocking resources, and such. (Japan’s excuse)
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I despair when watching CNN and BBC, people quote DEBKA, The Sun, The NY Times and TC with the LA Times. The news media quote 'reliable blogs', 'eye witnesses' and 'People who heard'.

The media will kill millions, i absolutely guarantee it. For get wagging the dog, how about blowing the the thing to pieces?

America, for me, has a crack house on every corner. I watch the media, it must be true.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Unfortunately Flabby, America does have close to that number of crack houses.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong