Israel Unleashed

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Israel Unleashed

Post by woodchip »

Reading a article by John Bolton who predicts Israel will attack Irans nuclear capability by the end of the year. Obama's administration is trying to dissuade Isreal from doing so and to wait for diplomacy to work. Ah yes, diplomacy.

Consider that diplomacy has not worked for the last x number of years, why should Israel wait? It is easy for Obama to say wait, but then America is not in range of Irans missiles and is not being told that Iran will try to wipe us out. OTH look at how nervous we are about NK's missile test.

Another factor Bolton brings up and one that may be key, is Iran is continually improving it's air defenses and a point will be reached where a successful strike by Israel becomes subject to the law of diminishing returns.

So what do you think Israel should do? Follow Herr Obama's attack of the doves policy? Or do what they think best to protect their people?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 44808.html
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hm. Isreal has already launched several attacks on Iran's facilities buy jet. ..I thought. Saw something on TV the other night about it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You are thinking of Iraq and Syria.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

woodchip wrote:You are thinking of Iraq and Syria.
Perhaps, I'll look into it. thx
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Urban Survival wrote:One Last [Future] Jack for the Road

Some good news for a change...although just how good we don't know. It started with a strange and very short phone call from an unidentified source in Europe who said he was with an agency that is in a place to know what's going on with the advance planning for the possible attack on Iran by Israel. The caller informed us that because the ALTA/Shape of Things to Come reports run 'above chance' in their outcomes, and since some .mil types read them as soon as release, the folks in attack contingency planning have gone into much deeper target backgrounding than usual on secondary and tertiary targets. That was it. A very short phone call and the caller hung up - no other details. A foreign country code and a 'no such number' beyond that.

Whether the call is 'legit', or not, we certainly hope it is and that advance planning does turn up the 'risk' in a tertiary target which was outlined for the apparent October 25th (+/- a few days) attack date.

Here's where it gets interesting - and I'm working on a new 'George Theorem' about how the nature of time works. We already know (Cliff generously called the George Theorem ) that when we have multiple events that 'line up' ( as in the Redwood City quake in September of '04) it can linguistically 'mask' another event which would have similar descriptor sets, but which is further along apparent time as was the Banda Aceh quake in December 2004 when we viewed both as a since meta data set from the August 2004 perspective.

My supposition now is that when we have descriptors now that go to the idea of 'ill winds' circling the earth '9 times' after late October, that the cause may drift away from aftermath of an attack on Iran and instead may weight heavily to something else that's 'ill' - like the resurgence of novel/swine flu that's expected in that timeframe as well.

It's a variant of the problem we noted in the data prior to the Columbia space shuttle event where we had linguistics that while fulfilled by a space ship, could just have easily have been fulfilled by a maritime accident of the more conventional sort. The 'gem of the ocean' linguistic while fulfilled by the Columbia disaster, might have also been fulfilled by a sinking of a large passenger liner - which obviously didn't happen.

We've been experimenting to see whether future events are, in this sense, malleable. In other words, can the outcome be changed?
woodchip wrote:Consider that diplomacy has not worked for the last x number of years, why should Israel wait?
"Don't get your panties in a bunch"...they're going to. At the end of this October apparently. :roll:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

War with Russia?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Skyalmian, that's a pretty wacky article you quoted. \"Linguistic events\" for predicting the future...?

Are you wanting us to take that seriously, or did I miss some sarcasm in there somewhere?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'm with Foil. Kinda scratching my head Sky.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Duper wrote:
woodchip wrote:You are thinking of Iraq and Syria.
Perhaps, I'll look into it. thx
Ok, what I saw (apparantly) was a hypothetical event and what it would look like. .. why someone would devote and pay for airtime for "this might happen this way" is beyond me. :P
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

\"Bomb 'em now!\" Bolton has been predicting and wishing for Israel to attack Iran for years. At the end of 2003 he was saying Iran was next to be attacked.

There's a good chance it won't happen- but Iranian regime has weakened and fractured, especially recently. It's a tossup at this point.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

ignore israel stop being interventionist and let them do whatever I am 100% sick of Israel and honestly dont care about it at all
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

That's right. Birds used to support ol' Hamas-Chomsky. I'm sorry Chomsky wasn't visiting his Hamas buddies during \"cast lead\" Birds. ;)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The Iranians and most Arab states have been using the Palestinians as proxy warriors in their racial war against jews. They have propped up the Palestinians with just enough support to sustain their lives and the anger very much like the way Michael Vick kept dogs for fighting. If they fight they are useful otherwise they are a liability to be disposed of.

The United States has been using Israel as a proxy military to keep the post revolution Iranians and the radical Arabs under the threat of military strike. The fact that we are protecting Israel by virtue of our involvement isn't really the priority, at least in the minds of many who do support the policy.

Both sides are guilty of meddling but one BIG difference is one side is engaged in a quest for genocide and one isn't.
So, where it is an unavoidable consequence of being a player in world politics that you find yourself with blood on your hands from supporting military assaults on an enemy state, it IS NOT a necessary consequence to seek the complete annihilation of a whole race of people based on your perceived relationship with a supreme being!!

There is a very bad guy in this story of selfish players.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Will Robinson wrote: The United States has been using Israel as a proxy military to keep the post revolution Iranians and the radical Arabs under the threat of military strike.
I'm going to dissagree with that. (while the prior statement is absolutely true) Israel is a free state; free in the sense they have made their own military decisions. We have been thier allies and have helped them and scolded them for this that or the other thing, but they are not beneath thumbing thier noses at us. (and many times rightly so.)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Duper wrote:
Will Robinson wrote: The United States has been using Israel as a proxy military to keep the post revolution Iranians and the radical Arabs under the threat of military strike.
I'm going to dissagree with that. (while the prior statement is absolutely true) Israel is a free state; free in the sense they have made their own military decisions. We have been thier allies and have helped them and scolded them for this that or the other thing, but they are not beneath thumbing thier noses at us. (and many times rightly so.)
The Israelis may not be as easily manipulated as the Palestinians are but I bet we play a larger role than just selling them arms and protesting some of their actions. I'm betting the terms for those arms sales include more than a cash price....
Example would be right now our policy is probably in a constant flux between asking/bribing the Israeli's to bomb Iran, or not, depending on which way the politicians see the wind blowing in the polls.
I'd admit we are more on the same page with the Israeli's than the Palestinians are with Iran, after all, it has got to be much easier to cajole the Jews into keeping up a strong offensive force (or hold it back here and there) than it is to convince a Palestinian to strap a bomb on his son and send him off to meet Allah in a bloody mist and hail of body parts on the noon bus from Tel Aviv!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Ok, That I can run with.