MA Senate Bill Number 2028

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

MA Senate Bill Number 2028

Post by Insurrectionist »

(b) Specifically, but without limiting the generality of section 2A and notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, the commissioner shall have and may exercise, or may direct or authorize other state or local government agencies to exercise, authority relative to any one or more of the following if necessary to protect the public health during an emergency declared pursuant to section 2A or a state of emergency declared under chapter 639 of the acts of 1950.. During either type of declared emergency, a local public health authority as defined in section 1 of chapter 111 may exercise authority relative to subparagraphs (1), (2), (3), (4), (6), (7), (13), (14), and (15); and with the approval of the Commissioner may exercise authority relative to subparagraphs (5), (8), (9), (10), and (11):

(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
Ok, I can see the need to take precautions and all in case of a outbreak. I really think there can be some harm done with this also. I see they are willing to suspend the first and fourth amendments out right in case of an emergency. I suspect more than that will be suspended or out right taken from you.

Besides the way everyone is carrying on about the H1N1 (to be PC about it) you might think you could be a character in the book \"The Stand\".
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Source= http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/ ... t02028.htm

Some reason I getting hung up on edits to my post and they won't go through.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Insurrectionist wrote:Some reason I getting hung up on edits to my post and they won't go through.
Same here.