Missing arrows on shortcuts & windows magnifier

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Missing arrows on shortcuts & windows magnifier

Post by thewolfe »

I have a friend who is partially blind. I'll lay out the story, not sure what may be important. He just started using carbonate and soon after that some of his shortcut arrows on his icons are sometimes visible and sometimes not.

He also has his desktop filled with icons.

Then unrelated, I think, told him about the magnifier on his Vista machine.

He clicked on the magnifier, the screen went blank for a couple of seconds, the magnifier came on and all of his desktop icons where in a completely different location on his desktop. He rearranged them and then the following day tried the magnifier again and again it completely rearranged his icons.

Any ideas?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Missing arrows on shortcuts & windows magnifier

Post by MidiV »

Yes,i've seen that issue - it exists in WinXP also. Windows rearranges icon(s) every time when it (them) doesn't fit to 'new' desktop area (changed by magnifier, resolution change and some other programs). i found only 2 solutions: open magnifier, arrange icons and close magnifier (the same with lower resolution) or to use some tool that can save/restore icon positions (i was using Ati Tray Tools when i had Radeon)
Perfection Through Genetics
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Missing arrows on shortcuts & windows magnifier

Post by thewolfe »

Thanks for the post. He's rearranged his icons and is using a magnifying glass instead.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image