[Split] On perceptions in Russia

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

[Split] On perceptions in Russia

Post by Isaac »

Meanwhile in russia:
This is for green peace

Foil's probably going to delete this in a few minutes, again, but I'll just keep posting it again.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Alternative sources of energy

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:Meanwhile in russia:
This is for green peace
With all due respect to Greenpeace, when I see people in such suits on the street, the first thought that comes to my mind that this is a potential terrorist, and I need to call the police immediately.
The sides of the other, I can see in this photo that the person arrested is not an ordinary police, but ОМОН, that is, the riot police. This suggests that the police are not was called ordinary citizens, and the most likely this did some policy.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

generally, terrorists don't run around in awkward cartoon-character suits. Just a safety tip, Sigma.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:generally, terrorists don't run around in awkward cartoon-character suits. Just a safety tip, Sigma.
The majority of acts of terrorism in Russia are made by Muslim suicide bombers. Of course, they usually look like ordinary citizens. But I have no reason to trust the person in such strange costumes, because in his costume can be a lot more explosive than can be hidden under normal clothing.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

please, Sigma. You folks thought a bunch of girls acting like a punk rock band were terrorists. Perhaps, that is your problem. You all can't figure out who are the real terrorists. You may wish to look no further than your supposedly 'elected' leader, who is working towards enslaving the lot of you.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

sigma wrote:
callmeslick wrote:generally, terrorists don't run around in awkward cartoon-character suits. Just a safety tip, Sigma.
The majority of acts of terrorism in Russia are made by Muslim suicide bombers. Of course, they usually look like ordinary citizens. But I have no reason to trust the person in such strange costumes, because in his costume can be a lot more explosive than can be hidden under normal clothing.
I guess you better stay away from Disney World.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:You folks thought a bunch of girls acting like a punk rock band were terrorists. Perhaps, that is your problem. You all can't figure out who are the real terrorists. You may wish to look no further than your supposedly 'elected' leader, who is working towards enslaving the lot of you.
To me in general this American tradition is unclear - to impose to other countries the opinion. What's your damn business - who at us the leader? We have ourselves to deal our problems. Why the USA constantly tries to establish its own rules in other countries? We have our rules and traditions. Who granted to you the right to impose us loyalty to LGBT? At us both hated fagots, and will hate. Because it is correct from our point of view. The American model of society isn't ideal. You have no moral right to teach us as us to live. You confuse Russia to Cambodia. I consider that Russia more coolly, than the USA. In many meanings. This is the U.S. has something to learn from us, actually. You simply badly know traditions of Russians. And in too time you have the insolence to teach us as to us to live. It is simply ridiculous :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

In our defence, it's 2013 in the United States and being openly gay isn't even viewed as an accomplishment anymore. "First openly gay" this or that has already been taken. To ban something that has become this "regular" in the U.S.A. would be like banning black people from certain places. Imagine if Russia became anti black or anti jew. Wouldn't that sound strange?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

actually, it might be historically accurate....... :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:I guess you better stay away from Disney World.
I think that in the near future Disneyland has no chance to build a theme park in Russia :frown:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:In our defence, it's 2013 in the United States and being openly gay isn't even viewed as an accomplishment anymore. "First openly gay" this or that has already been taken. To ban something that has become this "regular" in the U.S.A. would be like banning black people from certain places. Imagine if Russia became anti black or anti jew. Wouldn't that sound strange?
We normally treat all strange people. However, up to a certain limit. All the matter in the amount of strange people. In my opinion, multiply of strange people is a big mistake.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

so, Jews and Blacks are 'strange people'? And, if folks are 'strange' to you, it's ok as long as there aren't too many of them? Interesting.
George Orwell---"1984"
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

So lets say you have a black Jewish inventor, immigrated from America to Russia, who had ideas on how improve climate change. How would he be treated, sigma? Would he be able to apply for upper level management positions?
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Wow, but what do you expect from a country where the director of the Moscow bureau for human rights, Alexander Brod, stated 50 percent of Russians have xenophobia and other racist expressions.

Here is a good read on the subject

http://www.american.edu/soc/communicati ... virina.pdf
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

What does it mean, to "improve climate change"? :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:What does it mean, to "improve climate change"? :P
We need more holes in the ozone layer for better TV reception!!
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

sigma wrote:
callmeslick wrote:You folks thought a bunch of girls acting like a punk rock band were terrorists. Perhaps, that is your problem. You all can't figure out who are the real terrorists. You may wish to look no further than your supposedly 'elected' leader, who is working towards enslaving the lot of you.
To me in general this American tradition is unclear - to impose to other countries the opinion. What's your damn business - who at us the leader? We have ourselves to deal our problems. Why the USA constantly tries to establish its own rules in other countries? We have our rules and traditions. Who granted to you the right to impose us loyalty to LGBT? At us both hated fagots, and will hate. Because it is correct from our point of view. The American model of society isn't ideal. You have no moral right to teach us as us to live. You confuse Russia to Cambodia. I consider that Russia more coolly, than the USA. In many meanings. This is the U.S. has something to learn from us, actually. You simply badly know traditions of Russians. And in too time you have the insolence to teach us as to us to live. It is simply ridiculous :)

First off it's the whole world trying to enforce tolerance of others

http://www.unrwa.org/userfiles/2013060632316.pdf

Isn't Russia part of the UN?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: [Split] On perceptions in Russia

Post by Isaac »

Yeah, me thinks I need to talk to the admins on removing Foil as a mod.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Isaac wrote:Yeah, me thinks I need to talk to the admins on removing Foil as a mod.
That's your perogative. The Feedback area would be the appropriate place to make such a request.

----------

In the meantime, keep it on topic and professional.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Yea, I'll say whatever I want, Foil.

So, sigma:
Isaac wrote:So lets say you have a black Jewish inventor, immigrated from America to Russia, who had ideas on how to improve climate change invent alternative energy systems. How would he be treated, sigma? Would he be able to apply for upper level management positions?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

First, I have never seen a black Jew. I can not even imagine it being. In my opinion, this is impossible. Although the Russian Jews very much. Secondly , I think that the Jews will always be a doctor among the next of kin. Third, I do not understand why choose for the post of President of Russia black African or a Jew . I believe that the Russian smarter than any black African or a Jew . At least , in my opinion, the Russian man better understand the wishes of the Russian people than all the blacks and Jews together. This is Russian is not necessary. It is necessary only USA. United States to Russia is not the authority. What's the problem then?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Before I continue, I just have a question about your wording. You said Russians are "smarter than any black African". What about an black Russian citizen?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:Before I continue, I just have a question about your wording. You said Russians are "smarter than any black African". What about an black Russian citizen?
In my house lives a black guy. ( I live in a high-rise building ) . We have a great relationship . He is fluent in Russian , he is Russian throughout. Despite the fact that in appearance - he is a real ★■◆● . He has a Russian mother and a father - a black man . By the way, you may be surprised, but the word " негр " (★■◆●) in the Russian language it is the respectful treatment of black people. While the word "black" is offensive . Niggers who come to us from other countries , mainly engaged in drug trafficking and fraud. Another hand out advertising at traffic lights and at the exits of the subway . Although, of course , it's not all blacks. There are also normal. No claims to their behavior I have not.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:First, I have never seen a black Jew. I can not even imagine it being.
there are several hundred thousand of them in Africa, and scattered worldwide.
In my opinion, this is impossible. Although the Russian Jews very much. Secondly , I think that the Jews will always be a doctor among the next of kin. Third, I do not understand why choose for the post of President of Russia black African or a Jew . I believe that the Russian smarter than any black African or a Jew
this is beyond simply ignorant bigotry, it is grotesque.

At least , in my opinion, the Russian man better understand the wishes of the Russian people than all the blacks and Jews together. This is Russian is not necessary. It is necessary only USA. United States to Russia is not the authority. What's the problem then?
readily located, if you have a mirror.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lol…all of the blacks on American TV/Hollywood are Jewish… :twisted:

Kidding
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote:
Isaac wrote:Before I continue, I just have a question about your wording. You said Russians are "smarter than any black African". What about an black Russian citizen?
In my house lives a black guy.... He has a Russian mother and a father - a black man ...
Before I continue, what is the highest position (rank in office) you've ever seen a Russian black man hold in Russia?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

LMAO
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I really really hope this is due to points being lost in translation...but I'm guessing it's not.
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

Isaac wrote:Before I continue, what is the highest position (rank in office) you've ever seen a Russian black man hold in Russia?
Well, I know some of the top execuves in our companies. Why should we care about that, btw?!

I have to say that i'm agree with Sigma in many points.
Most of the normal ordinary people in our country don't give a f... about nationality, colour, confession, sexual orientation etc. If you have good manners, good intentions and is respectful to our traditions - do what you want to do and vast majority of people will be nice and warm to you.
Of course there are idiots in _every_ country who will try to destabilize social interactions, but normal people are mostly negative to such persons.

But what we have in 'reality': there are lot of foreigners (and native persons too), who don't give a f. about our lifestyle, our country and other people. Why should we be tolerant to them? C'mon, even Angela Merkel admitted fail of 'multicultural' and tolerant model of society and Germany now drives the Europe.
The same is with LGBT or muslim or any other people - don't parade it, don't make a show from it, don't try to achieve public points, don't whine on every corner and nobody will give a damn thing about you :) And it's nothing about racism or xenophobia, it's about behaviour of people.

As for the state administration - it's ok to declare laws and rules to protect native persons in a 1st place, i think it's very important to keep the 'heart' of the nation going. Any person should be at least aware of basic rules and principles in country that he/she is going to visit/to live.
As for international relations i think there's only one thing needed - to be correct and friendly, that's all. Don't say what should we do and you won't hear where you should go. It's a normal point of view, imho :)
Yes, we've got a looot of troubles here. Who doesn't ? But we have lot of best things going also.

I didn't want to offence anyone but very often i see discussions that are too superficial.
Perfection Through Genetics
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

reserved
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

MidiV wrote:Well, I know some of the top execuves in our companies.
Which russian companies have a black man or woman as an executive? Name one.
MidiV wrote: I have to say that i'm agree with Sigma in many points.
One of his points were that black people aren't as smart as native Russian people, which is a claim I have yet to see proven out of Russians posting here.
MidiV wrote: But what we have in 'reality': there are lot of foreigners (and native persons too), who don't give a f. about our lifestyle, our country and other people. Why should we be tolerant to them?
First of all, I must apologize for saying, I'm just used to living in a free country where I can say "be different" and not go to jail.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

First off it's the whole world trying to enforce tolerance of others ... Isn't Russia part of the UN?
The U.S. has long discredited UN. Russia is trying to restore the authority of the organization. Without Russia, the United Nations finally will become a puppet of the United States. Without Russia - the price of the UN today - less than zero. And not to be confused with the opinion of the U.S. view the rest of the world.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:The U.S. has long discredited UN. Russia is trying to restore the authority of the organization. Without Russia, the United Nations finally will become a puppet of the United States. Without Russia - the price of the UN today - less than zero. And not to be confused with the opinion of the U.S. view the rest of the world.
along with the usual Nationalistic pro-Russia diatribe, you failed to address the question asked of you, regarding Human Rights. :frown:
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:The U.S. has long discredited UN. Russia is trying to restore the authority of the organization. Without Russia, the United Nations finally will become a puppet of the United States. Without Russia - the price of the UN today - less than zero. And not to be confused with the opinion of the U.S. view the rest of the world.
along with the usual Nationalistic pro-Russia diatribe, you failed to address the question asked of you, regarding Human Rights. :frown:
In my opinion, you are not able to hear the opinions of others and you can not adequately take reasonable criticism of the United States. Although I understand why you perceive Russia's opinion only as anti-American propaganda. It's your opinion once again reveals the fact of how strong anti-Russian propaganda in the United States.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Are you kidding? Do you know how much crap we talk about the U.S. Government every day? Why would we be less harsh on Russia?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what Isaac said, and sigma, you still never answered the question.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick, in spite of the fact that I noticed long ago signs of network trolling in your remarks, on mine I enough specifically expressed my opinion always regarding your questions.
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

Isaac wrote:Which russian companies have a black man or woman as an executive? Name one.
N/p, personally me has been working in 2 companies (language academy and development organization) - executives were afro-russians.
Also, i've met in person Jean Sagbo (politician), president of large science center in Russia (Philipp Kondratiev) and other high-staffed persons.
Isaac wrote:One of his points were that black people aren't as smart as native Russian people, which is a claim I have yet to see proven out of Russians posting here.
It's a very questionable point, i can't agree with that. And i won't argue on that, it's not my competence.
Isaac wrote:First of all, I must apologize for saying, I'm just used to living in a free country where I can say "be different" and not go to jail.
It's ok, me too. But there's difference between saying, advertising and putting up a show.
Perfection Through Genetics
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

You are hilarious.

In the same post you say black people are good enough to hold managerial positions, but can't say if they're as smart as native Russians... You say it's a "It's a very questionable point", and you "won't argue on that". It's not questionable. It's just ★■◆●ing wrong because they're also humans.

Then you say you also live in a free country......BUuuuut...
MidiV wrote:But there's difference between saying, advertising and putting up a show.
No it's not. Sorry, I'm just used to living in a free country where I can parade around saying "be different" and not go to jail.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The difference between Russia and America is profound in one way. America is made up of immigrants from all over the world. We had to learn to tolerate peoples of differing nationalities and races to actually form this country. We failed miserably at times in the past and we still show our intolerance today. :wink: But in the long run, we eventually meld together and create a new whole that tends to be more tolerant of those who are different and more forward looking to new ideas and peoples today. Russia is an old established country. Not that that's a bad thing, but the majority of people in Russia are composed of inhabitants that were born and raised within your country, with the accompanying nationalism, nationalistic pride and insular thinking that goes along with it. Sure, you've had your share of immigrants move in, but the main population of your country was not formed by the immigrants who moved there later on. That insular nationalism can be a big flaw when dealing with different nations with different attitudes.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.