thanksgiving

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

thanksgiving

Post by CUDA »

Happy thanksgiving to my DBB family.

May your days be filled with joy and your lives filled with laughter and hope. May your stomachs ever be full and your hearts flowing with praise.

Pat
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: thanksgiving

Post by Spidey »

Right back atcha…

Oh yea…everyone else as well… :)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

What CUDA said!! :)

.....'Slick, who's taking a very short break before re-entering the kitchen I've been working in since 6:30 am. My big cooking job for the year! :)
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

A Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Burp....happy Thanks Giving to all of you.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Had a great dinner with the 34 of us(not everyone could make it :P )
Without question I ate too much :mrgreen:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

wow,CUDA......34? Is there one primary cook or is this a group effort? Where do you seat everyone?

edit....a wierd sense of deja vu tells me I've asked you this before, but the sheer scale of your family gatherings always impresses me. We had 8, and that took up 4 generations! I'm an only child, as is my dad, and also my daughter. If she didn't bring us 3 grandchildren, the room would be half filled!
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:wow,CUDA......34? Is there one primary cook or is this a group effort? Where do you seat everyone?
Thanks giving pot luck,

edit....a wierd sense of deja vu tells me I've asked you this before, but the sheer scale of your family gatherings always impresses me. We had 8, and that took up 4 generations! I'm an only child, as is my dad, and also my daughter. If she didn't bring us 3 grandchildren, the room would be half filled!
Pot Luck

2, 25lb turkeys
2 large hams
3 platters of Sour creme mashed potatoes
SEVERAL side dishes

3 peanut butter pies
1 large apple pie
1 large raspberry pie (all home made)
1 large pumpkin pie
brownies,
rice crispy treats and more

We rented a hall not far from our house through the park system, $25 an hour for 4 hours, right at a nice wooded park, grand kids could play out side while the older generation sat inside and talked :mrgreen:

Large Families rock

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

:)
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I was too busy yesterday, so I hope everyone enjoyed their food and had some quality time with their families on Thanksgiving. :)

Oh CUDA, what's a peanut butter pie like? Wanna give out the recipe? Please, please, please? I'm already drooling.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Urgh...I think I managed a 13-hour food coma. Belated happys to everyone.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:Oh CUDA, what's a peanut butter pie like? Wanna give out the recipe? Please, please, please? I'm already drooling.
OMG my mother-in-law makes them, graham cracker crust to boot. I'll need to talk to my wife. I'm not sure even she has the recipe :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:OMG my mother-in-law makes them, graham cracker crust to boot. I'll need to talk to my wife. I'm not sure even she has the recipe :P
Eeeeeeeeek! Graham cracker crust! That cinches it. You have GOT to get me that recipe! Puuuuuuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzze! :o
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:
CUDA wrote:OMG my mother-in-law makes them, graham cracker crust to boot. I'll need to talk to my wife. I'm not sure even she has the recipe :P
Eeeeeeeeek! Graham cracker crust! That cinches it. You have GOT to get me that recipe! Puuuuuuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeeeeeese! :o
I'll ask the Mrs
She owes me a favor for being a Pushover all those years :wink: :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Don't forget CUDA. I'm waiting............... :wink:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

I haven't forgot,

my wife is trying to get the recipe from her mother. it's like peanut butter, sour-creme, graham cracker crust. all I know if that everyone in the family rides her to make it for the holidays

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Tell your wife thanks if she can get it. I'm still drooling, and Christmas dinner is coming up. :mrgreen: