Two minutes to midnight

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Two minutes to midnight

Post by Top Gun »

...or twelve years, but who's counting?

Bottom line? If we want global temperature increases to stay below 1.5 degrees Celsius (which is already Not Good, but over that is REALLY Not Good) by 2030, then we need to do ★■◆● NOW. Big, global-economy-encompassing ★■◆●. Those who refuse to acknowledge basic reality should be dragged from their Cheeto-encrusted, Big-Mac-stained beds and be hauled before the Hague for high crimes against humanity. Grab your pitchforks, folks.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Two minutes to midnight

Post by Krom »

Nah, we should just let all the deniers move to coastal regions and have all their houses built at very near sea level. Then we'll put Trumps wall behind them and let "God" sort it out in 15 years.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:42 pm ...or twelve years, but who's counting?

Bottom line? If we want global temperature increases to stay below 1.5 degrees Celsius (which is already Not Good, but over that is REALLY Not Good) by 2030, then we need to do ★■◆● NOW. Big, global-economy-encompassing ★■◆●. Those who refuse to acknowledge basic reality should be dragged from their Cheeto-encrusted, Big-Mac-stained beds and be hauled before the Hague for high crimes against humanity. Grab your pitchforks, folks.
If you're serious about this- get rid of your car, house and stop eating. ALL of those things would be required to end your 'carbon footprint.' (And by getting rid of, I mean destroy...not sell to some other carbon releasing human.)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You're average Republican capitalist climate denier. :wink:

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm If you're serious about this- get rid of your car, house and stop eating. ALL of those things would be required to end your 'carbon footprint.' (And by getting rid of, I mean destroy...not sell to some other carbon releasing human.)
I'd rather get rid of people like you. Seriously, move out to the middle of Bumblefuck, Nowhere and stop ★■◆●ing up my society with your ★■◆●-tastic decisions. And take all your friends with you. That'll leave those of us with functional higher-level thinking free to solve the problems you caused.

And no, I'm not getting rid of anything. But I do have a small, fuel-efficient car instead of the ★■◆●ing land whales so many assholes drive. And much more importantly, I vote for people who support investing in the sorts of technologies that will help us become a carbon-neutral society. Not corporate-shill clusterfucks with their heads so far up their asses they can't even acknowledge the looming catastrophe.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

It would seem like such a no brainer that Nightshade would support policies that would reduce the influence petro-states have over us. To decouple the price of oil from global economic activity. Wind, Solar, and other alternatives would greatly decentralize energy creation allowing people to be more independent and self-sufficient.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong