Police drones 🚨

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Police drones 🚨

Post by Isaac »

https://www.wired.com/story/the-age-of- ... e-is-here/

So bad actors can fly drones around that are painted in a similar way to the police DJI quad copters and the average person will just think it's legitimate police drones watching them, making casual drone voyeurism common.

This is either really bad news or good news depending on the type of person you are.

P.S. sorry, I know you guys aren't used to talking about anything that isn't partisan mud slinging, but that ★■◆● bores me. :E
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Police drones 🚨

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Can you get arrested for giving a police drone the middle finger?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

ACAB, so I would assume one of them would be dumb enough to try. But I would question the legality of the police attempting to charge someone on their own property for giving the finger to a drone that may be trespassing without a warrant. I would suspect that existing laws about due process and surveillance would still apply even if the method changes and could easily result in a judge ruling against the police operating a drone.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I bet all it would do is log the image of your face and the server would try to identify you. I'm assuming this drone policing would become more automated as time progresses and the drone would just patrol and try to capture as many faces as possible to be matched with outstanding warrants... parking tickets.. anything that makes the police money. That's the real question: how do the police haul in more cash with these?
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-