Mac - multiplaying

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Nigel
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Mac - multiplaying

Post by Nigel »

Right then. My very first post on any Descent site.
Not got a clue how but I'm very interested in getting into a multiplayer game and I'm on a Mac.
Descent came bundled with my in-law's brand new (then!) Mac Quadra and I've not been able to put it down!
Now I FINALLY have faster-than-dialup access and I really would like to experience the multi player thing with another non IA player.
Now because my version is on the Mac I know I'm limited, but if only 10 people here run this on Mac at least I have a chance.
Thanks.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Read this thread.

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2600
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Is this Descent 3 or Descent 1?
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Welcome Nigel !

Where do you live ? .. i.e. what time zone are you in ..?

What are your pilot names; who should we look for to "train" in the mines ?

Kill ya !

P.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

If it's Descent 3, PM me for help on anything. im a mac user myself
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

El Ka Bong wrote:Welcome Nigel !

Where do you live ? .. i.e. what time zone are you in ..?

What are your pilot names; who should we look for to "train" in the mines ?

Kill ya !

P.

Assuming the info is correct, his profile states he's in Georgia USA. ;)

Welcome Nigel!
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Greets Nigel to D3! Have you got the 1.4.1 D3 patch yet? (Don't get the 1.4.2) If not I have it. Wanna learn multi in a safe enviroment? Join Team [NuB]. I and one other member fly Mac D3, and be happy to help. (I was prob the first on the team) Any wisdom or help you need just look for me in chat at irc.gamesurge.net:6667/#Descent3Rookie. I assume your using OS 8x-9x, yes? Get yourself an IRC app, (I use Ircle) If you can't get it set up, Suncho's website offers a Chat interface. Find me there, and I will help you get it setup. PXO is down, so the only way to get info on and into servers(TCP-IP mode only, make it your default in Multiplayer screen) for mac that i am aware of is the Descent 3 Tracker
Prob to much info at once, but take it one step at a time.
Fus
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

And I am the other Mac user that fus refered to. Welcome to D3, Have fun, and don't let the PC users bring you down.
About those limitations, most of them can be eliminated with Virtual PC. Unfortunately, this has the unfortunate side effect of causing you to have constant stress headaches and possible heart problems because That DARN WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM WON'T @#%$ING DO WHAT YOU TELL IT TO DO!!!!! IT WILL PERISH IN FLAME!!!!*cough* *cough*â?¦ahemâ?¦oh, sorry.
Anyway, Fly and Die and Have fun, as us NuB's often* say

*Although this is our team motto, we don't always say "Fly and Die and Have fun." If we did always say "Fly and Die and Have fun" those near(in relation to proximity) to us will start to get very annoyed and would eventually beat us all to death for constantly saying "Fly and Die and Have fun."
CyberDog!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Mac-multiplay

Post by CyberDog! »

I'm thinking that if it came bundled with a Quadra (a fine box in it's time) That it's most likely D1.

On the other hand, I thought D1 required a Power PC. I think the Quadra was discontinued prior to the PowerPC era.

Either way, if D1, Kali is the best bet for netplay if anyone is playing D1 anymore