Problem with Fusion!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

StarFighter59
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Problem with Fusion!

Post by StarFighter59 »

I have an Nvidia Ti 4200 video card with the latest drivers installed and a logitech optical mouse with the latest drivers installed as well. While playing D3 when I am holding down the mouse button to charge my fusion it will fire prematurely with no apparent rhyme or reason while I am still holding down the button. I've tried putting the framecap 99 command line in and that changes nothing as well. I believe krom told me I needed to force vsync but I've looked at all my video card options and can't figure out how to do that. Any ideas anyone? Am I the only one with this problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! =)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

1: *edit* - strike that, sorry

2: If you have the latest NVidia drivers and it's possible for you to force vsync, you'll most likely find the option to do so at, "Display Properties" window (alternate click on your desktop and select "Properties" on the menu) -> "Settings" tab -> "Advanced" button -> "[name of your vidoe card]" tab.

3: No you're not the only one with this problem, I've heard it's a common ailment among D3 mousers.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

It's the logitech, for one. D3's support for Logitech isn't good. Your framecap should be less than 110, use a different mouse and drop the framecap until it stops.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

You also have to enable vsync in D3. It'll be in your video options.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Don't have to.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Xeon is the man who can provide the definitive answer in this case as he's done extensive (read as obsessive!) research into this issue.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

bind an alternate keyboard key to primary fire, OR cap your FPS @ 60... problem solved

It's not you video card or your mouse....it's D3 :!: