Revenge of the Sith

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Revenge of the Sith

Post by Couver_ »

Here be the new movie only a May away :P

http://www.subs-holland.com/starwars/te ... sr_320.mov
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

yay for star warses!
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Yay bad acting and crappy dialogue. Yay movies that put the Star Wars movies to shame. Yay yay yay
Verran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Verran »

Beowulf wrote:Yay bad acting and crappy dialogue. Yay movies that put the Star Wars movies to shame. Yay yay yay
x2
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

They should have just recorded 9 hours of gameplay from Knights of the Old Republic and made that a trilogy. ;) Seriously, the plot of that game is better and more interesting than the ep 1-3 shiz that's going on now.
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Somehow bits of that clip look like they're still in the pre-visualization stage that Lucas goes on about... making it in basic CGI at first.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

James Earl Jones is the man
BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlueFlames »

With the disasters that were Episodes I and II, I'm shocked that Lucas sprung the cash to bring back James Earl Jones' voice... I expected him to try to get Hayden fake it to further bastardize the Star Wars line.

Sad thing is, I know it will be a train wreck of a movie, but I'll end up spending $8.00 to see it anyway... It's one of those stupid nerd-reflexes... I see "Star Wars movie released," somewhere, and the next thing I know, I'm halfway into the movie, down eight bucks, and out an hour and a half of my life.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Too bad ... I don't have the old quicktime installer and the new one wont let you install anything unless you install the iTunes crap.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Same here. I wish I had the will power to refuse to go. I wish James earl Jones at the will power to say, "Heh, no thx".
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

dbl post extravaganza
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The Quicktime site does have a link to the basic installer without iTunes; it's just sort of buried away.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Who cares about the acting. A bag a buttered popcorn and great visuals....I'm in hog heaven.
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

You thought the visuals of Episode 1 and 2 were good? I thought they sucked, personally.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Yeah SW movies DO stink to high heaven provided you're an adult!

But, you have to watch an SW movie with the attitude of a 8 year old boy, which is what GL is - OK?
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Lucas should farm out the next SW to Peter Jackson.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Why? Jackson is throwing all his success away by making yet another King Kong movie :roll:

I don't know why you guys are so picky. Personally EP2 was an improvement on EP1. If they had left JarJar out completely then I would have added it was a "huge" improvement :P

EP3 will most likely be the best of the modern SW movies. Moby has a point though, as much as I hate to agree with him.

We all loved the SW movies as children. Most of us have grown up now and nothing can compare to those expectations. Great movies are those that make us feel like kids again. Then again, some of you will always be anal about everything no matter how good or bad it is.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Spiffy.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

The original star wars trilogy is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, trilogies of all time, next to the Godfather. The beauty was in the simplicity. The new movies don't have that magic. And they don't have Harrison Ford.

You just need to remember that they weren't supposed to be all technical with correct physics and superior effects...they were supposed to be simple masterpieces.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Tyranny wrote: Then again, some of you will always be anal about everything no matter how good or bad it is.
excellent point
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Re: King Kong. I can't think of a better person to remake that classic. I believe the lame remakes have caused folks to forget what a great movie it was in it's time and that it can be made great again. I'm looking forward to it more than another tired SW installment. Personally I don't think the SW series has aged very well. The LOTR series will age marvelously.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Thats great, but its been done to death. That very fact alone insures you'll have a lot of people like me who feel that it is a waste of time and not really worth seeing. He would have been better off making The Hobbit or something else more worthwhile.

Last thing I want to do is see LOTR style cinematography used on a big hairy overgrown gorilla having a tantrum every 12 minutes of the film. :P

We'll just have to see. Personally I think it is a poor choice because it really isn't, well, something that is in demand right now. Besides, if it is a hit, I hate when Hollywood gets on this kick where they go through a stretch of several movies over a span of a couple years where they remake old classics or butcher iconic TV series with horrible movie parodies. Which always happens when remakes do well.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

He TRIED to do the Hobbit, they wouldn't let him, for legal purposes
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Jackson's making the King Kong remake mainly because he has a lot of appreciation for the original; he said it helped inspire his career choice, if I recall. If he takes as much care with a beloved film classic as he did with a beloved literarly classic, I'm sure the results will be great. :) About a Hobbit movie: I've heard that he's still trying to get the rights to make one, but I haven't heard any updates for a while.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

As much as I think Ep1 should be thrown out altogether for its stupidity and edit Ep2 for its bad acting and dialogue, im anxious to see Ep3 in the hopes that MAYBY it will be better and somehow akin to The Empire Strikes Back. But that is wishful thinking, and ill probably be dissapointed when I walk out of the theatres after I see it, but I am hopeful.

Sometimes GL should just take a hint. It seemes he has a hard time of learning from his mistakes and doesnt realize the real reason why his older episodes are the favorite.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I forgot to add that there is a "leaked marketing video" up in BitTorrent.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Someone else is making The Hobbit as far as I know. In the beginning he had no desire to make one at all until the success of the LOTR movies began to exceed his expectations. Then he started warming up to the idea too little too late.

Personally no other team should make The Hobbit. The LOTR cast and crew are the only ones that can make it feel like it belongs and is important to the story that becomes LOTR.

Ian Mckellen has expressed his desire to play Gandalf again. Not sure about Hugo Weaving coming back to play Elrond, but that would be fitting since there are only like 4 characters from The Hobbit that are back in LOTR (Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond, Gollum) that I can remember. Andy Serkis (Gollum) will be back to play out the cave scene where Bilbo finds the ring.

Personally not getting Sir Ian Holm to be Bilbo would be a mistake as well since LOTR set the bar so high. Anything away from that would be a dissapointment to a lot of people. We'll just have to see how it plays out. It'll be interesting to see who they cast as Thorin and how Smog sets up as a character and who does his voice etc...

Fun stuff to keep track of. Probably more deserving of another thread because I feel like I'm hijacking this one and I didn't intend to.

The new Star Wars...go see it when it comes out. You'll either like it or hate it. I'd like to see some of you try to do better. If you don't care don't see it. You make it seem like you HAVE to see it and you don't. Virtually all the latest movies coming out I didn't get to see in the theater because it just wasn't important enough.

Last time I went to the the movies I saw RE:Apocalypse. Before that the last movie I saw was Return of the King. Now you get a good idea how often I see movies at the theater. Half the time I don't get to see them until A) I ether buy them on DVD or B) They come out on a movie channel.