Say it ain't so Joe

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Say it ain't so Joe

Post by woodchip »

Star Trek: Enterprise, the latest TV incarnation of the sci-fi saga, is being axed by broadcaster UPN.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4231873.stm
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i thought it was neet but never really could get in to it.

1 reasion was they jsut had to bring in the borg for that 1 epi >.>
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

It's dead, Jim!

Let's see how many Trekkies commit suicide.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Well, The first 2 seasons sucks for me but then it got interesting. It's a shame but expected.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Testiculese wrote:Let's see how many Trekkies commit suicide.
The world will be a better place.
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Fire :P

Sorry, just had to say that before I blew it up. rawr.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I hated that series, and avoided it with a passion. They were far too technologically advanced looking even if they were actually behind in advancement. They seemed to try to rewrite and recreate the space adventure of Kirk, but failed miserably. It made the original series look far too retro.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

If they had made a show based on stuff that took place after "First Contact" where mankind is venturing out into the galaxy for the first time with aid from the Vulcans it might have done better IMO. The time period would have been much more chaotic and it could have chronicled the events that took place before the formation of the Federation. If done well it could have featured the unification of mankind and the actual Federation beginnings.

However Berman and Co. don't have a creative bone left in their bodies so this doesn't surprise me in the least. They should have left with Voyager and been done with it.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Lobber wrote:I hated that series, and avoided it with a passion. They were far too technologically advanced looking even if they were actually behind in advancement. They seemed to try to rewrite and recreate the space adventure of Kirk, but failed miserably. It made the original series look far too retro.
Lobber, the original series was retro. Did you really expect them to go back to big pushbuttons and that strange bridge beeping noise? I'm seriously disappointed at this announcement, if not very surprised. Season 4 had some of the best Trek I've ever seen, hands down. It's been getting better and better every week. Those damn fools don't know what they're throwing away.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

As of the fourth season they are less than 7 years before the formation of the federation. This is a shame, because there was supposed to have been a very very large war between Starfleet/Vulcan High Command/Andorians/ETC vs the Romulan Empire which would eventually lead to Earth, Vulcan, and Andoria forming the United Federation of Planets as a counter to the Romulan Star Empire.

I was really looking forward to a good multi-season war arc like the Dominion War.

Also, the Third Season of Enterprise is imo the best single season of Star Trek ever made, right up until that last scene of Zero Hour. That whole "oh were back in 1942 and these aliens are helping the nazis" temporal cold war crap pissed me off. At least they ended the temporal cold war sub arc.

Well maybe in time Paramount will fogure out that Berman and Braga have ruined star trek and will bring in some people that might actually make a decent series. Johnathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Ira Steven Behr, those kind of guys. You know, people who made TNG and DS9 rock. Berman and Braga need to both burn.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Thank goodness! The franchise deserves a rest.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

what a sad day. that show had one of the most inspired theme songs i've ever heard in my life.

;-0
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Yeah it sucks, it was a pretty good series.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Im a big fan of Star Trek, yet I wouldnt weep a tear on this latest news. B&B need to be fired and Paramount needs to realize that one of their great assets has been bastardized by these fools. By the looks of it Paramount does not care anymore as they are buisy shoving one reality show after another down the publics throat. Lets face it folks, TV today sucks, and the best of Star Trek came and went. We now have DVD's to enjoy them now.

I hate to say it, but Star Trek no longer has a future. Not at least until someone compitent takes the helm.

You'd better look up those DVD's on Amazon.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Top Gun wrote:Lobber, the original series was retro. Did you really expect them to go back to big pushbuttons and that strange bridge beeping noise? I'm seriously disappointed at this announcement, if not very surprised. Season 4 had some of the best Trek I've ever seen, hands down. It's been getting better and better every week. Those damn fools don't know what they're throwing away.
x2
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Mobius wrote:Thank goodness! The franchise deserves a rest.
Damn straight! Let it rest until Ron Moore gets done with the new BSG series. After what he did with DS9, I have no doubt that he could make another decent Trek TV series or movie.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

argh man. i have been getting really into enterprise lately (upto the Expance/Zindi storyline). i didn't like it one bit when it started, coz frankly i thought they were all too stupid and reactionary. but either they have gradually changed (perhaps this evolution was designed into the series, as a moral nugget) or i've just got more used to it.
now all the OLDER startreks piss me off, i think they are all too "i-have-a-stick-installed-up-my-ass".
enterprise has changed my trekyness.

enterprise has GRIT, that i have now come to appreciate greatly. it really sucks that it's been canned, i'll miss it :(.

but originally i hated it, and nicknamed it:
Texaaaaaans
Iiiiiiiiiiin
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

:lol:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Roid has obviously not watched any post season 2 DS9 episodes.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

<3 DS9 :)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

JMEaT wrote:<3 DS9 :)
Yeah, I bet you were glued to the screen when Dax made out with a previous hosts' lover. :D (ie: the "lesbian kiss" scene way back in season 3 or so.)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

.no need for 3rd person.

i watched all of DS9, it got too theological for my tastes - but i still watched it till the end.

i think the crux of Enterprise for me is this: Jumpsuits.

^_^
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

it ain't so.

trek will live on sooner or later with a different name, cast and setting.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Too bad they don't have Battlestar's writers.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It really sucks because the series is really interesting now.