D2: CTF level revamped

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

D2: CTF level revamped

Post by Diedel »

I have revamped my recently built CTF level "With Flying Colors" for D2: It has new flag rooms and some minor improvements and fixes. See my Descent Site, multiplayer section.

The level is symmetrical, big enough for 8 players and has numerous accesses to the flag rooms. There are only two choke points though, so while there are enough ways to sneak into the enemy's flag room, there is still a good chance to stop the thief. ;)

It's a bit heavy on the architectural side, but that should be none of a problem with today's hardware and one of the D2X program versions.

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Have to say, it certainly stretches a lot of realism and general 'coolness' out of the D2 engine. Nice one.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Wow; it looks more like D3. :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Take a look at my single player mission "Warp Shockwave" if you'd like to see some more "realistic" D2 levels and don't know it yet. I've spent 100s and 100s of hours building it.

Btw, I have worked over With Flying Colors once more; I wasn't really satisfied after I've had another look at it. Imho it's really good now.