Wipe 'em

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Wipe 'em

Post by woodchip »

So with Irans new president declaring Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth, what should Isreal do (more important what should Flabby be doing)?
Wait until they are attacked? With a defacto declaration of war by a head of state, Isreal is now faced with trying to appear civilised by restraining a urge to remove a now out in the open threat and hope world opinion can dissuade the Iranians from carrying out actual hostilities. Or should they. Nikita Kruschev repeatedly stated how Russia would bury the United States but we never actually went to war. On the other hand Japan never gave any real indications they wanted America to be removed from the face of the planet, yet attack they did.
Irans problem is they have been funding Hamas for a good number of years and Israel has seemingly turned a blind eye to Irans involvement. With the United States taking out AQ via eliminating the Taliban, would Israel not now have justification to attack Iran? The question would be how as Israel lacks sufficient means to carry a air war to Iran. Yeah sure they knocked out Iraqs nuke plant way back when, but Israel has no aircraft carriers to get planes in position. Other Arab countries would not allow them overflight permission let alone use of air bases. So where does this leave the Israel's in the face of imminent threat. Retaliation by commando units in select hit and run ops? Doesn't Israel have a ballistic submarine or two it might use to lob a few missles? Or will the good 'ole U.S of A step up to the plate and form a pact with Israel where a attack on Israel is a attack on America?
Lastly wasn't the pull out of jewish settlements in the Gaza supposed to end the violence?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Wipe 'em

Post by roid »

Irans new president declaring Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth
i havn't been watching the news... my official statement to this news is "oh dear"
Lastly wasn't the pull out of jewish settlements in the Gaza supposed to end the violence?
yeah, in GAZA.
But my goodness this arab pressurecooker has some angry steam built up in Israel's direction. They are a long way from the kinda ass kissing required to settle THAT.
Israel will be dodging ordinance for some time.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Iran says this all the time, i have a feeling it's being played up a bit because of recent European statements regarding Iran.

Airspace wouldn't be a problem 'cause Israel dosn't give a monkey's. Iraq found that out in 1981. An aircraft carrier wouldn't be needed, Iran is not that far away. We also don't need a ballistic submarine because we have naughtier things (allegedly).

As expected the pull out of Gaza wouldn't stop the attacks, as Hadera found out a few hours ago.

As for myself i'm more worried about bird flu than i am about Iran.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

roid wrote: i havn't been watching the news... my official statement to this news is "oh dear"
Here's one report:

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Keep yer head down and yer eyes open Flabby.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Israel has no aircraft carriers to get planes in position.
http://almashriq.hiof.no/general/900/91 ... e.east.gif

Israel would have to fly over Jordan and Iraq to strike Iran. Iraq's air cover is provided by the US armed forces, and Jordan can't possibly handle Israel's airforce.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

And as Flabby said, if pressed, Israel just wouldn't give a rat's patooty what Jordan thought about it.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Hey i could walk there and back and still have time for tea n toast. ;)
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

De Rigueur wrote:
roid wrote: i havn't been watching the news... my official statement to this news is "oh dear"
Here's one report:

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.
They left the last part off that quote....
Holy Sh1t, where's the Tylenol!
;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Flabby, don't forget those planes have to fly back also. I don't believe the F-15I fighter bomber have a 2,000 mile operational range required (I think they have something like a 1600 km radius of operation)to fly to Iran and back.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

That's what the KC-10 is for Ship :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Dedman wrote:That's what the KC-10 is for Ship :wink:
KC-10 is a slow lumbering ground troop support plane designed for areas where no effective anti-aircraft batteries are located nor where enemy aircraft may be found. Israel is going to have to knock out Irans C&C, air defenses, then land troops in country before the KC-10 will be brought up.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Yes they do have more than enough range, as well as the f-16's that used to do the run up to lebanon. It won't come to that though i'm sure, especially not troops.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... -specs.htm
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Chip, the KC-10 is a tanker with considerable defences of it's own. Besides, as Lothar pointed out, Jordan won't be much of a threat.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sorry Dedman, I was confused the KC-10 with the AC-130.
:oops:
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

The AC-130 would be a lot more fun :wink:
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

I would say that the Arabs (and Persians) should be careful. If push came to shove, I think that Israel could just make a glass parking lot for 400 miles in every direction and be done with it. You never know when EXISTENCE is the issue.
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Can someone start deleting the troll posts?

I heard a conspiracy theory about OPEC, that basically said Henry Kissinger has signed a deal with the middle eastern nations that detailed two things, America would buy (most of?) it's oil from them, and they would use a percentage of that money to buy American national debt. Saudi is drinking up t-bills like they're limited edition or something and the American economy has depended on this for ages so it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Two countries didn't get on board. Iraq is one and is gone. Iran is the other, and the dogs of war have been barking. If their usual anti-semetic rhetoric has made it to the US and is stirring up public anger I can buy the postulate that the propaganda machine is building support for teh invadez0rs.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Phoenix Red wrote:Can someone start deleting the troll posts?

they won't stop him from educating people, but we can talk about him till he does it right :lol:
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Here's another conspiracy theory. The Saudis want the Israelis and the Iranians to duke it out. That way the Israelis will take out the big Shia theocracy up north and the Iranians will drub the Zionists. It's win-win for them.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

dissent wrote:Here's another conspiracy theory. The Saudis want the Israelis and the Iranians to duke it out. That way the Israelis will take out the big Shia theocracy up north and the Iranians will drub the Zionists. It's win-win for them.
That wouldn't be much of a fight :wink: I can see how that would benefit the Suadis though.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Did any of you catch the comments from Tony Blair today. Totally without script, and totally pissed off. Leaders nowadays don't have the eloquence or bollox that are needed to say what needs to be said. Tony does though.

Or maybe i'm just limiting my opinions to english speakers?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'd trade every Bush family member alive into slavery to have Tony Blair in the Whitehouse for the next 8 years....
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

haha
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah Tony's sassy :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Phoenix Red wrote:Can someone start deleting the troll posts?
Done.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

nice :lol: