The "President" of Iran has a message...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

The "President" of Iran has a message...

Post by Nightshade »

Saturday, October 29, 2005
Why Haven't We Seen This?

If you follow the news you may have seen this picture, of Iran's President Ahmadinejad speaking at the "World Without Zionism" conference where he spoke of wiping "Israel off the map."
But in this photo you can only see a portion of the graphic. The rest of the graphic speaks a thousand words.

The Iranian government produced sophisticated visual props for this important speech, designed to send a message to the USA and the English speaking world. Those who produced this graphic were sophisticated enough to know that it would provide a great photo op.

What is the message they are trying to send?

Yes, that is the USA already at the bottom of the hourglass.

But notice that the USA is already broken in the bottom of the hourglass prior to the fall of Israel.

For some reason the world media has largely ignored his statements against the USA. In his speech he said:

We are in the process of an historical war between the World of Arrogance [i.e. the West] and the Islamic world, and this war has been going on for hundreds of years. ...

The issue of this [World without Zionism] conference is very valuable. In this very grave war, many people are trying to scatter grains of desperation and hopelessness regarding the struggle between the Islamic world and the front of the infidels ...

Is it possible for us to witness a world without America and Zionism? But you had best know that this slogan and this goal are attainable, and surely can be achieved...

So how would the Iranian regime achieve this?

You only need to listen to Ahmadinejad's chief strategic guru Hassan Abbassi, for the answer. Abbassi is the architect of the so-called "war preparation plan" currently under way in Iran. This is the same Hassan Abbassi who said:

We have a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization... we must make use of everything we have at hand to strike at this front by means of our suicide operations or by means of our missiles. There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them.

Abbasi believes that when President Bush says that no option is off the table he is only playing chicken. According to respected Iranian analyst, Amir Taheri, Abbassi has said:

The Americans are not ready to send a million men (to defeat the Islamic Republic)," Abbasi said. "Even economic sanctions against the Islamic Republic will fail thanks to opposition from the Western public opinion and the refusal of most countries to implement (them). ...

But it is not only the US that Abbasi wants to take on and humiliate. He has described Britain as "the mother of all evils". In his lecture he claimed that the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, and the Gulf states were all "children of the same mother: the British Empire." As for France and Germany, they are "countries in terminal decline", according to Abbasi.

"Once we have defeated the Anglo-Saxons the rest will run for cover," he told his audience.

So it appears that in the short term, the regime is hoping to start a limited war with the USA that it believes it can survive, since they don't believe that the West has the will nor the means to occupy Iran at this time. This will buy them time for their longer term strategic plans for the world. Why is no taking these threats seriously?

The vast majority of the people of Iran do not share his views and long for real democracy in Iran. How long will we wait to support the people of Iran in their struggle to free themselves from these dangerous mad men?

http://regimechangeiran.blogspot.com/20 ... -this.html
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The guy makes a great case for changing our policy on assassinating foreign leaders....

Issue an american version of the Fatwa, call it the Death Warrant, list him and all his top advisors/clerics announce that we will kill them as a matter of responsibility to try and avoid the sensless deaths of hundreds of thousands of young soldiers who would otherwise have to die to stop those named on the warrant if they are allowed to continue on their destructive path.

Now, please hurry the development of the space based lasers and other weaponary!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Didn't a little man with a funny mustach have the same idea of world domination?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote:Didn't a little man with a funny mustach have the same idea of world domination?
Yes, and a lot of americans back then thought we should just let his nieghbors deal with him. They thought it was none of our business.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

ZEE ARTICAL wrote:Abbasi believes that when President Bush says that no option is off the table he is only playing chicken.
how rude!
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Hey, it's another thunderbunny post completely devoid of a synthesized individual thought. Copying and pasting something we have all read and considering himself a "political mind".

/me jacks off on my stomach
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

I had read about that conference, but not about the anti-US angle. I guess the post was useful for us stragglers.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

In some circles the "president" is declaring war. This is a good excuse to exert some whopass.
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Cruise missles are probably locked on their targets as we type. Ready for some nose-cam videos ..?
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Britain seems to be in their firing line. Seems they intend to aquire missles capable of hitting London.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

They [Iran] are equal to an insect if they try to bite us we will simply swat them.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Come on people: Iran has got two things, and two things only in its favour: a shizload of people, and oil. Nothing else.

Can you really see them doing much except continuing to fund extremists, and singing ridiculous rhetoric?

They HAVE to keep spouting this rubbish, because its the only thing which whips the population into a frenzy, so they forget about their own personal situation: dirt poor, no future, corrupt government.

Unless they continue screaming "Death to america, death to Israel" they won't stay in power for more than a couple of years. Iran is not yet the place where its leaders can do whatever the hell they want, any time they want, to anyone they want. Close! But not quite there yet. Watch this space, however.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Mobius wrote:Come on people: Iran has got two things, and two things only in its favour: a shizload of people, and oil. Nothing else.

Can you really see them doing much except continuing to fund extremists, and singing ridiculous rhetoric?

They HAVE to keep spouting this rubbish, because its the only thing which whips the population into a frenzy, so they forget about their own personal situation: dirt poor, no future, corrupt government.

Unless they continue screaming "Death to america, death to Israel" they won't stay in power for more than a couple of years. Iran is not yet the place where its leaders can do whatever the hell they want, any time they want, to anyone they want. Close! But not quite there yet. Watch this space, however.
They have one more thing......A warped religion.
To Iran, that alone is a strong driving force to do the unthinkable. To think of a religiously fanatic country, run by wierdo clerics, in the process of building a nuclear weapon.(don't tell me their not), scares me to death. If I was Israel, I would never let them get too far with that. Never. I see something very bad happening if they go nuclear.

Bettina
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Mobius wrote:Come on people: Iran has got two things, and two things only in its favour: a shizload of people, and oil. Nothing else.

Sorry but I have to agree with Betina about this ... They are quite capable of doing the unthinkable.
Mobius wrote:They HAVE to keep spouting this rubbish, because its the only thing which whips the population into a frenzy, so they forget about their own personal situation: dirt poor, no future, corrupt government.

I think you are so right about this. The only way they can maintain their power over their people is to brainwash them ... as they are doing now ...

I believe that the ultra-left in America will continue to put enough pressure on our Government to do nothing that we will (as woodchip and will_robinson hinted) get caught with our pants down. It is just a matter of time before an American city is destroyed by a nuclear weapon. We know it is coming but we can't stop it because there are too many pacifists among us ...

Don't get me wrong, I do not support sending our troops in to take over the middle-east. I do, however, support us giving them a really good @$$ whooping if they come close to achieving their goal ...
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re: The "President" of Iran has a message...

Post by Grendel »

ThunderBunny wrote:For some reason the world media has largely ignored his statements against the USA.
Strangely that's not true -- seems to be only the US media ignoring that/keeping it low.

I get some good coverage from a german news site, can't find any specifics on that poster tho.

Good reads:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 383856.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 384616.stm

Check the 2nd part of the interview: http://service.spiegel.de/cache/interna ... 27,00.html
SPIEGEL: How concerned are you about Iran?

Rumsfeld: All of us have to be concerned when a country that important, large and wealthy is disconnected from the normal interactions with the rest of the world. They obviously have certain ambitions, powers and military capabilities ...

SPIEGEL: ...and nuclear ambitions...

Rumsfeld: That's apparently what France, Germany, the UK and the International Atomic Energy Agency have concluded. Everyone wants to have the Iranians as part of the world community, but they aren't yet. Therefore there's less predictability and more danger.

SPIEGEL: The US is trying to make the case in the United Nations Security Council.

Rumsfeld: I would not say that. I thought France, Germany and the UK were working on that problem.

SPIEGEL: What kind of sanctions are we talking about?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. I thought you, and the U.K. and France were.

SPIEGEL: You aren't?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. You've got the lead. Well, lead!

SPIEGEL: You mean the Europeans.

Rumsfeld: Sure. My Goodness, Iran is your neighbour. We don't have to do everything!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Here's the two sided problem.
Irans problem:
Is hemmed in on two sides (Iraq & Afghanastan)by countries that have U.S. troops freely roaming around.
Has a young population that cares not for the method of govt. now in power.
No other arab country is stupid enough to sing the "Death to the Great Satan" lullaby

America's (and by fiat other western countries)problem:
Iran has been buying russian super quiet diesel/electric submarines. If Iran gets nuke capability and arms torpedoes with nuke front ends, then the mosaic of the chess board changes radically. One of the U.S. Navy's worst nightmares is a diesel electric sub sneaking in and throwing even a spread of conventional torpedoes at a aircraft carrier.
Not alienating the pro-west younger population of Iran. If we have to resort to a first strike, the trick will be in minimizing human collateral damage. Perhaps we will use Israel as a front country to perform most of the initial strikes.

In either case, it will be interesting how this all plays out. With Plame now a dead issue and a new Supreme Court pick made, Bush can now start turning the one eye onto Iran. Listen carefully in the coming months to see if Bush gives any hints as to how he will handle Iran.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Bet51987 wrote:To think of a religiously fanatic country, run by wierdo clerics, in the process of building a nuclear weapon.(don't tell me their not), scares me to death.
Sounds like the US to me.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Grendel wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:To think of a religiously fanatic country, run by wierdo clerics, in the process of building a nuclear weapon.(don't tell me their not), scares me to death.
Sounds like the US to me.
Huh? Sounds like you haven't been keeping up with current events.

Bettina
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

heh.. this thread is mentally disturbed.

fear!
fear!
fear!
terror!
terror!
terror!
islam!
islam!
islam!

STFU.

now watch as positions are defended as if they're life and death. I feel ill already.
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Ferno wrote:now watch as positions are defended as if they're life and death. I feel ill already.
Exactly. I rarely get involved in political/religious debate because it seems both sides make exaggerations to try and polarize the issues. Also, my knowledge in these matters is limited because I never know which news sources to read in order to keep up with what is going on. I don't know of any truly independent source; everyone appears to have an agenda.

The Iranian president was obviously talking smack to rouse his audience. From skimming google news, it seems his own colleagues are distancing themselves from him now. I really don't think Iran will be attacking Israel anytime soon.

Broad statements claiming their country is run by religious fanatics, countered with statements that the US is run by religious fanatics is just absurd. You strip yourself of any credibility with inflammatory crap like that.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I thought we were discussing one country provoking war with another?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Bet51987 wrote:Huh? Sounds like you haven't been keeping up with current events.
See my 1st post here. Rethink what you wrote in your 1st posting.
Hahnenkam wrote:Broad statements claiming their country is run by religious fanatics, countered with statements that the US is run by religious fanatics is just absurd. You strip yourself of any credibility with inflammatory crap like that.
Captain Obvious has spoken.. :P
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Grendel wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:Huh? Sounds like you haven't been keeping up with current events.
See my 1st post here. Rethink what you wrote in your 1st posting.
Hahnenkam wrote:Broad statements claiming their country is run by religious fanatics, countered with statements that the US is run by religious fanatics is just absurd. You strip yourself of any credibility with inflammatory crap like that.
Captain Obvious has spoken.. :P
I don't understand what you mean, but I apologize for my statement to you. I'm just afraid of Iran and I don't see me growing up in a good world if they build a nuclear weapon. I know Israel has them, and I know they would not use them because their religion is not fanatical. I can't say that for Iran with all the suicide bombers, beheadings, etc etc.

My country is run by a bafoon. I can't help that. I can't even vote yet, but I do know we would not nuke someone because allah says its ok to kill jewish men, women, and children or anyone not islamic. Infidels their called.

I remember a quote from Star Treks Dr McCoy...
"It has been my experience that evil often wins unless good is very, very strong."

I'm not strong...just afraid.

Bettina
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

woodchip wrote:I thought we were discussing one country provoking war with another?
. . . and I thought we were talking about the Iranian president running his mouth :)

Claiming his comments represent an entire country trying to provoke war is exactly the kind of exaggeration I mentioned before. I'm no political science expert, but he doesn't seem to be the guy who calls the shots in Iran. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure someone here will correct me ;)

Grendel wrote:Captain Obvious has spoken.. :P
<3
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:I'm not strong...just afraid.
and the government loves you for it.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Hahnenkam wrote:
woodchip wrote:I thought we were discussing one country provoking war with another?
. . . and I thought we were talking about the Iranian president running his mouth :)

Claiming his comments represent an entire country trying to provoke war is exactly the kind of exaggeration I mentioned before. I'm no political science expert, but he doesn't seem to be the guy who calls the shots in Iran. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure someone here will correct me ;)

I will...The country is run by the clerical regime that considers itself elected by Allah.
The president is a puppet who takes his orders from them. In just the last public gathering, there were over 1 million "people" who were chanting to destroy israel and america...and that was only the ones who came into the streets....

I only know what I read....if anyone has a better source I would gladly look at it, but don't anyone tell me Iran is not to be feared...

Bettina
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Bet51987 wrote:
Hahnenkam wrote: . . . snipped . . . he [the president] doesn't seem to be the guy who calls the shots in Iran. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure someone here will correct me ;)
I will...The country is run by the clerical regime that considers itself elected by Allah. . . snipped
Right . . . the president isn't in charge. That's what I said, I think :P

[edit] sorry, I skimmed. Are you suggesting that the religious leaders told him to make his aggressive statements? Seems unlikely to me.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Hahnenkam wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:
Hahnenkam wrote: . . . snipped . . . he [the president] doesn't seem to be the guy who calls the shots in Iran. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure someone here will correct me ;)
I will...The country is run by the clerical regime that considers itself elected by Allah. . . snipped
Right . . . the president isn't in charge. That's what I said, I think :P

[edit] sorry, I skimmed. Are you suggesting that the religious leaders told him to make his aggressive statements? Seems unlikely to me.
Dang...I misread what you said about the president. :oops: :shock: Sorry..

Second....The president echos to the masses, what the clerics want the masses to hear. I think what made the clerics "pretend" to distance themselves from the comments was the UN retort. They can have it both ways...they can tell the puppet what to say and if it backfires they can blame the puppet and calm things down.

Iran is lying about the nuclear intent. Just my pov.

Bettina
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It's Like KOSH said in Babylon 5 to the dying Centari emporer .. "it will end in fire..." seeya there with marshmellows. ;)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

yay! world war three baby!
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

WWIII is already being waged Fern...didn't notice?
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

TheCope wrote:/me jacks off on my stomach
Ah, put in the context of this thread, this quote is totally appropriate for the dbb.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

What?....me worry? Yes.....it continues.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9900528/

Bettina
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

so let me get this straight.. it's okay for the US to let hardliners run things, but not Iran?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Ferno wrote:so let me get this straight.. it's okay for the US to let hardliners run things, but not Iran?
So you DO understand.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Ferno wrote:so let me get this straight.. it's okay for the US to let hardliners run things, but not Iran?
Ferno, with all due respect, you are a very hard person to respond to because you like to fire one liner with very little content. I would love to know whats in your mind and the solutions that you think would ease my mind from worry :)

I personally consider our president bush to be no different than Kim Jong IL. Both are bafoons and I have little respect for them. However I am not afraid of either starting a nuclear war like I am with Iran. There is a difference when Religion becomes the motive to kill. They will build a weapon.

Bettina
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I think you('ve) spelled Buffoons as Bafoons
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So you're thinking maybe Nancy and Ted should be running things?