Fallen Marine

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Fallen Marine

Post by Couver_ »

Man this article is a tear jerker but a good read. A bit of a read but worth it.

Click
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Fallen Marine

Post by Hahnenkam »

Couver_ wrote:Man this article is a tear jerker but a good read.
good one, and very sad
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Wow. I found this to be very hard to read. I had to put it aside several times and come back to it.

RC
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

The thing about the sands at the end... powerful. I won't say more for fear of spoiling it.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

Richard Cranium wrote:Wow. I found this to be very hard to read. I had to put it aside several times and come back to it.

RC
I had to do the same thing no way I could have been at work and let the gang see me broke up like I wanted to be.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Y'know, if the talking head media really wanted to do the American public a favor, they could just read reports like this aloud instead of doing their regular (what passes for a) broadcast.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

having been exposed to this before, and knowing the hurt of losing my own loved ones, not only in war, but illness and accident, this is what i think about when i hear of another 'casualty' on the news. for me, harder than reading this is the thought that people out there don't know, don't understand, don't realize that this is the end result of those people who die for our country. they don't think about this pain when they hear the broadcast and it passes right over them. but this is something that SHOULD affect EVERYONE. people should know all of this, whether they agree with the war, whether to support our governments actions, people are over there, fighting for our freedom. it's sad to read something like this and feel that tinge of pain inside, but worse is thinking about everyone that just doesn't get it.

thanks for that post... it's a somber reminder.