D2 Editing question....

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Vampyre_Six
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D2 Editing question....

Post by Vampyre_Six »

I figured this went better here then in the other editing thread since this is a question dealing only with d2 editing

i was wondering the method used to add a v-ham add on robot, to a level created with dle-xp

if it helps, i already made it work using a HXM file
using the same robot, its just that for some reason in the hxm i couldnt simply save over the old robot i was making, it made me save over a new slot which might jsut eb something they never bothered to fix. :o

(im using robot edit 13 from PD to alter the data and save the new poly, i made the polymodel with the descent managers polytron 32, but its haxmedit32 is less than friendly when trying to position gun points :x )
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

The level needs to be a Vertigo level, obviously - and you need to import the .ham file into it. (Playing the level in Descent 2 presents its own issues but W32 could well have fixed that anyway.)

Note that it should be a Vertigo .ham, not .hxm. I'm not -positive- Robot Edit will save to .ham but I think it does.

The problem you mention with not being able to save over the same slot is probably a useful feature that was never added to the program; it tries to protect the .hxm from getting screwed up unintentionally, but doesn't support saving over old data. You'll have to remove the old robot from the HXM with a tool like HAXMEDIT before you can save over it again.

Normally, to avoid the problems associated with wiping out robot joints - which are a pain to keep track of - I keep the individual robots in separate HXMs, and combine them for use in the level.