Windows Error Message

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Windows Error Message

Post by Unix »

0x0000000a (0x0000001c, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8052487f)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Dell Dimension 4700 SP2
1024GB RAM
2.8GHz Pent
40GB Hardrive

This error occurs after the computer has been running for a number of hours even if the computer is not being used.

I checked MS's website but came up empty on this one.
-Unix
My Music
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Im gonna say its a driver conflict, are all your IRQs full? could also be a memory error,but not as likely.

Is there any more to that error, a file listed or anything? any new USB items plugged in, and this is going to sound odd, a logitech mouse or keyboard?
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

memory
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

likely, but not as likely.

Usually having to many USB devices plugged in can generate that error, and out dated logitech drivers are also prone to producing similar errors
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Try running a few loops of memtest86+, if it shows errors it is probably a memory problem.

http://www.memtest.org/

I've also seen that BSOD when I was experimenting with my overclocks and voltages, not enough voltage or just pushing the chip too far can cause an IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but it is hit and miss. Though whatever it is, if it is a voltage or memory problem tweaking it out of a dell is going to be a major pain. Also check for dust and slow fans, if a fan failed or there is too much dust it could lead to the same types of instability I get when undervolting.
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

yeah, I do get a similar error when pushing the ram to far under an overclock, but normally I get the added lines of \"begin physical dump of memory\" other times i just get the stand of code which Ive come to associate with a corrupted driver, or to many used IRQs
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Ended up being the memory...

I ran Dell's memory test and it came up that I had a bad stick. Fortunatly, Corsair has a lifetime guarantee.
-Unix
My Music
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Immortal Lobster wrote:Im gonna say its a driver conflict, are all your IRQs full? could also be a memory error,but not as likely.
Just FYI, IRQL is an assembly variable, and has absolutely nothing to do with IRQs like you're thinking of. Its referencing an address in system memory.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams